core ele in t4 pugs

Noodle Ant.1605

a few pugs that i meet keep pestering me about the build that i play so made this video in hopes that i can silence them

unfortunately the recent signet of fire nerf hit as i was making this vid, which means numbers are now slightly lower than shown. its not like i recommend this build anyway, and this is only t4 pugs (no cms) where the average player skill level is not as high

• Like 3

Nice play !

Have you tried Fire/Air/Arcane for fractals  ? As you mainly play with Fire/Burning, which is hybrid by default. 

It could be better I guess; you lose the signet trait but otherwise Earth doesn't really give that much to condi; and with fractal potion conversion we have a good precision bonus to benefit ferocity.

6 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Nice play !

Have you tried Fire/Air/Arcane for fractals  ? As you mainly play with Fire/Burning, which is hybrid by default. 

It could be better I guess; you lose the signet trait but otherwise Earth doesn't really give that much to condi; and with fractal potion conversion we have a good precision bonus to benefit ferocity.

i can push this build by a lot, i can run grieving gear w/ balthazar runes, actually use food, precast tempest fire warhorn #5 and weave self (and cycle through the attunements to extend it) but i dont because its too much effort for a meme build

also i abuse the fact how condi gets 2 bonuses from the frac offensive pot, which means the more power-based option has to provide much better returns if it were to be worthwhile. ditching earth hurts the ability to retain dps outside of fire attunement (20% bleed dura, 20% earth skill recharge, bleed on immob) and lose free 100 condi dmg, 10% damage reduction which can make or break the ele experience, 180 prec from fire signet (which is vital for power dps, unless you have omega high AR, since its always pressed off cd) and its cd reduction. im not saying its not an option, however

you can run fire/arcane/espec instead of core, its just a matter of whether or not youre willing to ditch that earth traitline

4 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Have you tried berserker scepter/dagger core ele?

scepter has issues with poor autoattacks which can only be remedied by tempest air overload spam or the dreaded core ele triple conjure build which i refuse to pull off (hence why i went with condi in the first place). even when i play power temp/weaver i already avoid using any conjures

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

apologies for the bump, i just thought it was silly directing players to this dated thread when they see me using core ele differently. the differences atm arent worth another vid, and some of it ive unintentionally mentioned anyway

something to note is how i run 2 different variants of this build on two separate accounts - my main account with expac access and my alt which is f2p. for some reason i have been asked for my build on both accounts. my main ele runs what ive shown in the vid (viper + elementalist runes) whilst my f2p ele runs sinister + balthazar runes, due to f2p restrictions

in the vid, i mention how fire/earth nets higher dps than campfire (on dagger), but campfire is better in fracs. it turns out that fire/earth still nets higher dps in t4 pugs (but afaik requires viper setup for bleed duration). this is pretty significant as it allows core ele to freely use the utility located in water/air/earth without fearing a drop in dps

another aspect involves the use scepter vs dagger. i often swap to scepter when use of dash skills is impossible or detrimental (e.g. thaumanova anomaly, social awkwardness…) but it is exclusively locked to a campfire rotation for dps. as compensation, scepter allows for ranged dps and a far simpler playstyle

last on the list are elementals. stacking fire elementals up results in the best overall dmg output vs firestorm/GoEP/earth signet, albeit with a bit of rng

my main account ele now commonly runs fire/earth dagger, while my f2p ele runs campfire scepter. both now run elementals. however, both also usually default to dagger + precasted firestorm for recs because it has less ramp than scepter/elementals. its still a meme however, but i only play it because i enjoy it

Nice job and great video. Can't believe I missed this before. To all those who think core ele doesn't work, or those who thought signets were a joke a few months ago. 

Believe it! Lol, it's a fun spec to play and challenging enough without having to deal with weird rotations from weaver or attunement lockouts from tempest. 

I started using Glyph of storms in PvP too. So much fun and huge damage increase against all the newbs who like to just sit on node all day. Apparently it works against pve bosses too. Haha