All I ask...is to give me back my 'untradeable' items.

Long story short.
I stopped playing for awhile, I let my 15yrs old cousin use my ID. He wants something real bad from black lion chest.
So he used my credit cards for keys. Didn't get what he wanted. Throw tantrum and delete all my characters. Throw away all my stuffs.
5 Legendary weapons, all ascended armors, trinkets EVERYTHING lost.

So I sent a ticket. With proof of items I had. Beg Anet, the big rich company, to give me some of my 'UNTRADABLE' items back.
Now I COULD lie that somebody hacked my ID, but something in me just sent a ticket with true full story.
they replied back with

"support is unable to assist with issues related to lost items due to account sharing. Character restorations are no longer a service that we provide. We're unable to provide a reimbursement regarding this matter. It is the responsibility of the owner of the account to not allow other players to gain access to their account. Doing so would constitute account sharing, which is against our terms of service. Therefore, we're unable to assist you in this matter"

So like, if I send another ticket says that it's actually a hack, you will be able to assist me?
What's so hard about giving me back items that I have proof about their existence.
I'm just so frustrated, sad, depressed. All I want is to get some of my stuff back so I can at least continue playing.
Am I 'REALLY' in the wrong here? Should I've told my 15yrs old cousin to kitten off and buy his own expansion or something?
Now If I really need to start all over... I guess it's a goodbye.

I'm sorry that happened to you.  But when you allow someone else to use your account what happens to it is your responsibility and what happened in your case is one reason why account sharing is against ToS.  But to answer one of your questions, yes you probably should have either used that credit card to buy your cousin an account or help them set up a free to play account instead of sharing yours with them.  Again I'm sorry that your cousin caused that damage to your account while you let them use it.  That would be awful losing all that expensive gear,  but the responsibility is yours.

Of course you can ask your ticket be escalated to a senior GM and maybe they will help you out this time.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kimmydeadso.8261 said:

Long story short.
I stopped playing for awhile, I let my 15yrs old cousin use my ID. He wants something real bad from black lion chest.
So he used my credit cards for keys. Didn't get what he wanted. Throw tantrum and delete all my characters. Throw away all my stuffs.
5 Legendary weapons, all ascended armors, trinkets EVERYTHING lost.

So I sent a ticket. With proof of items I had. Beg Anet, the big rich company, to give me some of my 'UNTRADABLE' items back.
Now I COULD lie that somebody hacked my ID, but something in me just sent a ticket with true full story.
they replied back with

"support is unable to assist with issues related to lost items due to account sharing. Character restorations are no longer a service that we provide. We're unable to provide a reimbursement regarding this matter. It is the responsibility of the owner of the account to not allow other players to gain access to their account. Doing so would constitute account sharing, which is against our terms of service. Therefore, we're unable to assist you in this matter"

So like, if I send another ticket says that it's actually a hack, you will be able to assist me?
What's so hard about giving me back items that I have proof about their existence.
I'm just so frustrated, sad, depressed. All I want is to get some of my stuff back so I can at least continue playing.
Am I 'REALLY' in the wrong here? Should I've told my 15yrs old cousin to kitten off and buy his own expansion or something?
Now If I really need to start all over... I guess it's a goodbye.

ArenaNet is right. Sharing your account is a security breach that compromises their intellectual property far beyond deleting the items of the person who shared the account. I'm sorry your family member was so crappy to you in response to your generosity, but ArenaNet isn't responsible.

You're very luck your family member took out vengeance on you, rather than on the community at large. You could have found your entire account deleted to do their tantrum, had they chosen to direct it outward.

If you let your friends crash at your house and they trashed it, you wouldn't expect to be able to report it as a break in. Your friends, your door, your key, your responsibility. Yeah, ArenaNet is a big rich company, but if they recover items due to your security breach, then they have to do it for anybody.  Then they aren't so rich anymore, having to spend their time restoring everything for everybody.

Also, since he had your credit card (I presume you didn't give him the physical card and take it to another residence with him, or just give him all the information off the card so he could use it independently) it seems likely you let him access your account using your payment methods and your computer. Unless you're connecting via a VPN, (and potentially even if you are), it would be super easy for ANet to have proved a hacking claim to be incorrect in this case anyway.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, but your anger is misplaced. Direct it at your nephew, and I don't mean to rub salt in your wound, at yourself for not supervising.

Edited by Danger Ferret.6342
  • Like 1