Skipping the scripted videos

There are certain parts of the story and cutscenes that can be skipped by pressing a literal skip button or by simply running away from the NPC that's blabbing, but it's not consistent and in some cases may lead to mission-breaking bugs or being launched out of the instance completely. The reason for this is that different teams put these things together, so as a result they all function slightly differently (which can be seen in just about all areas of the game, all the way down to the pronunciation of things by various voice actors).

Sometimes these conversations and cutscenes are just filler to provide exposition on the story, but other times they're put in to disguise a change on the map like an enemy loading in or a gate opening, so skipping would have a real chance of breaking those encounters. I can see the appeal of wanting to skip through everything if you've already done it before, but technical deets are the primary reason we were given as to why we can't always fast forward.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, choon.6308 said:

Nobody uses that. Not answering op's question and instead trolling is amazing as well, kudos to you

They're not trolling, they're just...really insistent about this. Since no moderator has any problems with these topics being remade or necroed (until perhaps it get reported to prove a point), i don't see the problem either way. Some people are going to complain about it regardless. Anyway, prepare for rebuttal.

• Like 1

You should post this in the ‘Quality of Life’ thread. But, as Kharmin cites, we’ve asked this for years. If I recall, a developer once said that doing this sometimes would cause the game to crash or malfunction. Unfortunately, before a patch fixed this, we saw the error in effect during a mission where you played Caithe.

Either way, I’m for it. But, again, you’re not the first to ask. And you won’t be the last.

Edited by Ardenwolfe.8590
  • Like 1