Question about start GW2 again

Hello all 

I have question, after playing others mmorpgs, i wanna return in GW2, was play in 2013 year. I was buy GW2 in the past, now its free, and before buy both expansions, i wanna advice from old players, how is the game, have good population, is worth to return ? I read that will have new expansion later this year, are ArenaNET will support next 2-3 years this game, or will make GW3 ?

Thanks  and sorry about my bad english :)

If you still enjoy the combat, it should be fine for you to return.

However, since Season 3, the story has been progressively getting worse.

If you value a good story and respected lore established by the first game, you might be put off by how it's handled.

Also, there literally is no balance between the professions (or sometimes even between elite specializations on the same profession) in the game, so you might want to factor that into your decision as well.

As far as the population goes, PvE seems fine.

But the PvP population is abysmal, with Platinum players regularly being in matches with Silver (and sometimes even Bronze) players. Also match manipulation largely has taken over and most matches are hopelessly lopsided.

I don't do WvW outside of PvE dailies, so I can't say anything about that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Everyone have their own idea about what is bad in the game but on the long run gw2 is better time investissement than other mmo.

mmo fans leave gw2 but come back at some point after realizing what a **** show the other games are.

I recommend WvW game mode : because it has a lot of players interactions; actives guilds and communities.

Edited by Pablo.3259

1 hour ago, Astebnar.2560 said:

Hello all 

I have question, after playing others mmorpgs, i wanna return in GW2, was play in 2013 year. I was buy GW2 in the past, now its free, and before buy both expansions, i wanna advice from old players, how is the game, have good population, is worth to return ? I read that will have new expansion later this year, are ArenaNET will support next 2-3 years this game, or will make GW3 ?

Thanks  and sorry about my bad english 🙂

Player pop feels really healthy considering it's just before an expansion ATM. Any pve meta thing I try to do has always got commanders on the map. WvW is also populated as there's queue time to get in at peak hours. PvP is around 2min wait time, 3min in early hours of morning. I've heard it's bad for high plat players but I'm not one of those sadly. 

Basically yes, it's worth coming back imo, people have said the story is bad now but I've never been into the story in any MMO so I just skip all dialogues to get them done as fast as I can. 

Edited by Seb De Tyra.3421

5 hours ago, Astebnar.2560 said:

[...] and before buy both expansions[...]

Don't buy a key for Heart of Thorns from other websites. HoT is now free if you buy Path of Fire. Maybe you already knew it, just wanted to be sure: you only need to buy PoF. For less than 30€ is definitely worth imo.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:53 AM, Astebnar.2560 said:

I read that will have new expansion later this year, are ArenaNET will support next 2-3 years this game, or will make GW3 ?

with all that development efforts thrown in beyond just making new contents for expansions, very unlikely we will see a GW3 any time soon. My guess is we may at least get another expansion after EOD.

If they say they will make GW3, ppl will stop playing GW2

If they ever gonna make GW3, I think they will only announce it when it's at least 75% ready. the R&D for the game engine will take them years