Turbo-Trapper DH

NorthernRedStar.3054

I actually quite like this build (made some changes, myself, to better accommodate my playstyle and the meta).

It's a high risk / high reward newbie stomper build. Actually reminds me of the good ol' meditrapper. Granted, that dealt more damage while being bulkier.

More builds should be like this, forcing both you and your opponent to use their brains a bit. 

• Like 1

It's one of those builds that take the fun out of PvP for many people.

It's might not be as disgusting as many of the Necromancer builds that are flooding PvP,

but it made quite some people stop bother trying to play properly when the enemy team has a Dragonhunter.

But I guess Arenanet loves that Dragonhunters are able to kill people while being on the other side of the map.

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's might not be as disgusting as many of the Necromancer builds that are flooding PvP,

but it made quite some people stop bother trying to play properly when the enemy team has a Dragonhunter.

But I guess Arenanet loves that Dragonhunters are able to kill people while being on the other side of the map.

OMEGALUL. if ppl are quitting pvp cuz of an off meta glass cannon then good riddance. 

Anet has never nerfed an off meta build deliberately. The lack of a nerf against this build is normal and justified. if it does get nerfed it would be an indication of extreme bias against guard

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

Anet has never nerfed an off meta build deliberately. The lack of a nerf against this build is normal and justified. if it does get nerfed it would be an indication of extreme bias against guard

You realize that meta or off meta means nothing, when the build causes lopsided matches for most of the players, don't you? Many average players (which are the bulk of the remaining population) can't deal with it so it's objectively detrimental to the game mode.

Also, dealing damage while being on the opposite end of the map is a disgusting design choice to begin with, which ought to be taken out of the game. A simple way to do this could be that traps despawn if the Trapper is too far from them.

Edited by Fueki.4753

16 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd wager it has value as one of the few necromancer "counters" right now. Most of the ranged burst builds, which used to help at keeping the necro population under control, have been neutered. Melee in general has lost a lot of its value, because they can't hang against the AoE and CC spam while being unable to take anyone down in just a few rotations - except for Revenant of course, the class whose heal doubles as a burst (lol).

Trapper DH is fine. The stealth is not a problematic part, if there's ever going to be a shave it will be the superspeed portion.

It trades off passive defense traits and flat health for conditional %-modifiers and power damage. It is very squishy, and requires you to land your stuff on a consistent basis in order to have an effect.

Trust me, outside the short stealth-and-speed bursts, it does not have a lot of survivability going on. Not to mention a grand majority of the people playing it are playing it poorly - I played a lot of meditrapper back in the day, and there's a lot of fun stuff you can do w/ an off-hand shield for example. 

Anyways, for my build, I traded some of the CC-related %-traits for better cleanse (F2) and hence swapped around the cripple-sigil, as it lost most of its value, for intelligence.

PS. Revert Puncture Shot from being a boring pierce into a bouncy arrow, again. The latter being far more skill-testing and unique.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

19 hours ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Its likely just the standard trapper rune DH build with a trait tweaked or using a different ammy. 

Dropping zerker amulet could be viable for some matchups, but been running it for the time and doing just fine. Outside the first game getting used to the new skill functions, I've had no issues staying alive.

13 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You realize that meta or off meta means nothing, when the build causes lopsided matches for most of the players, don't you? Many average players (which are the bulk of the remaining population) can't deal with it so it's objectively detrimental to the game mode.

Also, dealing damage while being on the opposite end of the map is a disgusting design choice to begin with, which ought to be taken out of the game. A simple way to do this could be that traps despawn if the Trapper is too far from them.

The very definition of off meta means the build is not strong enough to create lopsided matches. Any "lopsidedness" is created by player skill--or rather, the lack thereof. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

The very definition of off meta means the build is not strong enough to create lopsided matches. Any "lopsidedness" is created by player skill--or rather, the lack thereof. 

Dragonhunter has to trade off so much sustain and vitality it cannot by any slimmer of hope manage a meta spot.

It could prey on necros to an extent, but gets melted by revenants, +1 from thieves, and lich form. 11k health, even in a "damage neutered" meta is not enough when you combine it with the actual lackluster sustain.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 4