Runes of Tormenting should be changed?

SirTomato.3627

5 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Oh this thread is about PvE....

There's plenty of stuff that gives amazing sustain in PvE any trait that gives % of dmg to healing/ barrier is much stronger than torment Runes sustainwise there and scales better. 

Is OP an NPC complaining about overpowered player sustain?

What exactly does OP  class as competitive PvE and how is tormenting runes overpowered there? 

Other classes have to sacrifice big portion of damage for sustain while while revenant make a little tradeoff. Revenant already have one of the best sustain on its meta build while these runes in addition to this makes it unkillable if not poisoned. Even in viper gear.

Basically its an extra 340hp/s (PER TARGET) just by activating EtD and using skills (which heals you even more is these skills apply torment)

Looks like you using these runes and try to protect them from nerfing. Dont be afraid, Anet unlikely will do it.

Edited by SirTomato.3627
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SirTomato.3627 said:

Other classes have to sacrifice big portion of damage for sustain while while revenant make a little tradeoff. Revenant already have one of the best sustain on its meta build while these runes in addition to this makes it unkillable if not poisoned. Even in viper gear.

Basically its an extra 340hp/s just by activating EtD and using skills (which heals you even more is these skills apply torment)

Scourge can do the same with tormenting runes or parasitic contagion. Neither is more

Reaper plays with soul eater naturally. 

Thief can pick up invigorating precision at a small dps loss.

Scrapper has the trait by default (but is not a very high dps option to begin with) but gives much stronger sustain than the others cause barrier. 

SPB has a similar trait 

Also battle scars are much stronger than tormenting runes in PvE. Power Renegade is just as tanky

Off the top of my head

2 minutes ago, SirTomato.3627 said:

Looks like you using these runes and try to protect them from nerfing. Dont be afraid, Anet unlikely will do it.

I don't use them in PvE? Why would I, battle scars is more than enough sustain there

• Confused 3

9 hours ago, lodjur.1284 said:

Noone is advocating for nerfing everything to hell (or at the very least I'm not) just that if something is bad in most other situations and very strong at that then...

Also CC is the biggest problem in the game in every single situation. It is exactly why boonrip atm is too strong, since there's only 1 boon they care about when they spam it. 

No matter if we're talking 1v1, 5v1, 5v5, 5v15 or 15v15 CC is by far this game system's biggest weakness.

However it feels "slightly" off topic to have a debate on if/how/what should change about CC though. Probably better suited for general discussion/WvW/ all professions forum. 

Buffs for being outnumbered is a fundamentally idea that would make me quit the game. 

They're quite unhealthy. 

I have never defensed high power burst, quite the opposite. Thankfully those builds are in the weakest state they've been in since I started playing.

Mobility+burst us still a blight upon the game though, just less so than in the past, thanks to a few amazing patches (Feb and may)

Thief is hardly design one wants to use to defend anything. 

Nah. 

Oh I agree with this. 

But it's definitively a contributing factor. 

If banish enchantment was otherwise an interesting skill then that would surely not be enough of a reason to want it reworked.

Truth is, the skill is pretty mediocre and niche beyond outnumbering, reworking it would open up for something else to take it's place.

Especially now that boonrips aren't more or less essential to being able to play condi. 

2-5 v 3-30 (or so depending on enemy skill and current group size)

Literally all of this doesn't matter.

Enemies can't have resistance anymore. That's really the most massive indirect buff imaginable, every fight with an enemy firebrand doesn't turn into 40 sec of waiting for 8 pulsing resistance fields or BE spam.

Enemy heralds are now somewhat punishable (still not really cause of blocks and invulns)

Even if the damage of condi rev had otherwise been nerfed by 25% (torment is roughly 50% damage and even if that had lost 50% of it's damage) the resistance change would've more than compensated.

Now damage feels if anything higher than before. 

I get higher damage numbers according to arc, I have an easier time both downing and keeping enemies down than before the patch. 

Seems like buffs to me. Everything else getting a nerf is a kind of buff. 

I don't even notice that I take more condi damage now without old resistance and I don't even play with any clear focused support. 

Organized groups feel easier to fight as well. 

Legit the only situation where it feels like a nerf is solo, even 2vX it feels slightly stronger.

Solo it feels weaker than before if you're fighting 1 or 2 "good" players as the enemy numbers get higher (and the realistic skilllevel to ever beat lower) new torment feels progressively stronger as cleave becomes more and more the determining factor solo.

Somewhere around the realistic 1v5 I'd say it's about even for anything above that new torment is probably stronger. 

Now obviously finding more than 5 players bad enough to die to a single player isn't very common, so overall solo I'd say it's a nerf.

For dueling it's ofc much worse, but that's very niche.

I don't see why it would be needed. 

There's nothing to rip beyond stab that really matters to condi rev post resistance.

Ripping stab can be useful in some situations, but is rarely worth the energy unless you're more than your enemy. 

Condi Rev doesn't need boon removal anymore than burnguard does?

Eh, you and I have very different experiences in WvW it seems.  I generally disagree with your opinions on CC, Burst Power Damage, outnumbering, and the May 11th patch. 

The fact that we can't agree that among equally skilled players with equally matched builds, a 2v1 should be won by the "2", a fact that should be simple and obvious to anyone interested in game design, means there isn't really any further conversation to be had.  Our opinions and thoughts on game design are too divergent. 

This is getting too off topic for this thread though as you say, so this will be my last post on this subject

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Eh, you and I have very different experiences in WvW it seems.  I generally disagree with your opinions on CC, Burst Power Damage, outnumbering, and the May 11th patch. 

Hence my doubts. 

The fact that we can't agree that among equally skilled players with equally matched builds, a 2v1 should be won by the "2", a fact that should be simple and obvious to anyone interested in game design, means there isn't really any further conversation to be had.  Our opinions and thoughts on game design are too divergent. 

I don't disagree with that though.  Just the rest of the quote. 

This is getting too off topic for this thread though as you say, so this will be my last post on this subject

• Confused 3