Youtubers with Patreon giveaways. is it RMT??

Just now, LunaDeviner.6514 said:

So as far as he's claiming in his video theres roughly a 50% chance to win on the tier 1 to 3 patreon tiers. (precursor weapons)
And the Legendary 129 dollar tier. has a higher chance last time i checked but that's because it has Legendary weapons in there.

I can't determine they only want to support him for the items. However i overheard my guildmates say they only sub to his Patreon for the items. They didn't seem to want to Support the person itself. 
This is how i even found out about these Channels in the first place.

And yeah only Patreon Subscribers can enter to win these items. This particular youtuber also has Discord and  Youtube Giveaways/Raffles where anyone can join in.

That's as much as i know so far. 

May i ask how you think about the subject?  Do you believe it is RMT?

@LunaDeviner.6514

In my understanding they're paying for a chance of an item (Gambling) 

So we were correct in saying that you didn’t understand what RMT is.

This is what RMT is… “So what is RMT?  At the most basic level, real money trading is the exchange of virtual goods, including in-game currency, and services for real world currency. 

Do you understand the above? Questions on it? 

Subbing to support a streamer, who also happens to have a contest of chance to win items, isn’t RMT. A contest/raffle/giveaway for fun, and as a thank you for supporting, isn’t RMT. If these contests were RMT, then game companies would shut down all twitch streamers and others, and ban hundreds of thousands of gamers from their games. Do you understand this portion? 

Edited by Swagger.1459
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Swagger.1459 said:

@LunaDeviner.6514

In my understanding they're paying for a chance of an item (Gambling) 

So we were correct in saying that you didn’t understand what RMT is.

This is what RMT is… “So what is RMT?  At the most basic level, real money trading is the exchange of virtual goods, including in-game currency, and services for real world currency. 

Do you understand the above? Questions on it? 

Subbing to support a streamer, who also happens to have a contest of chance to win items, isn’t RMT. A contest/raffle/giveaway for fun, and as a thank you for supporting, isn’t RMT. If these contests were RMT, then game companies would shut down all twitch streamers and others, and ban hundreds of thousands of gamers from their games. Do you understand this portion? 

Is RMT, just adding a layer of difficult(raffle or gambling) dont change that, the only thing change is that ppl who pay for that are more fools than ppl who bought items directly.

Also buy audience instead of create good content is bad advertising.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

Is RMT, just adding a layer of difficult(raffle or gambling) dont change that, the only thing change is that ppl who pay for that are more fools than ppl who bought items directly.

What are you trying to say? Can you please rephrase that? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Swagger.1459 said:

What are you trying to say? Can you please rephrase that? 

RMT: u have a input(money) and a output(in game item)

In sort of online gambling or "patreon subscribing": u have a input(money) and a chance to output(in game item). is just RMT with another layer of difficult.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, LunaDeviner.6514 said:

They clearly offer Items in the form of Subscriptions. And that has to be RMT right?

Of course it is.

It's the reason that the people promoting like this are unable to post on the forums, reddit  or the bigger Facebook groups ect.
Anyone in this thread arguing it isn't RMT or trying to tell you that you don't know what RMT is are just playing semantics likely because they support it.

But the real question is this:

Have you reported them for it?

Or did you think a passive-aggressive forum thread would do the job?

Because asking if it is RMT, when it clearly is seems a little shady to me too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Of course it is.

It's the reason that the people promoting like this are unable to post on the forums, reddit  or the bigger Facebook groups ect.
Anyone in this thread arguing it isn't RMT or trying to tell you that you don't know what RMT is are just playing semantics likely because they support it.

But the real question is this:

Have you reported them for it?

Or did you think a passive-aggressive forum thread would do the job?

Because asking if it is RMT, when it clearly is seems a little shady to me too.

The main reason i was asking if it was RMT or not, Is simply because i thought it was RMT hiding behind a Sub button. And wanted to make sure it is that case Before reporting them in a ticket to Anet. Which i have done yesterday after seeing the comments. 

So far almost everyone agreed that it is a form of RMT. Except for 2 individuals who started argueing it isn't and still haven't convinced me it is not RMT. I'm awaiting a reply from Anet. 

The forum thread is just to get other peoples take on it. And hopefully gather enough people to show Anet that it is in fact RMT and should be dealt with.

I think these Patreon accounts should be suspended or stopped from giving items in return from Subscriptions. That's my take on it and wanted to see how others felt about the situation. And hopefully together we could show Anet that these channels exist and hopefully Anet can deal with them appropiatly. 

Edited by LunaDeviner.6514
  • Like 1

Just now, LunaDeviner.6514 said:

Accidentally qouted myself and can't fix it lol. 

Anyway please Anet. Could we get a Mod or anything to share their take on it? 
I think Patreon Sub Tiers with items in them is RMT and should be a bannable offense.

Edited by LunaDeviner.6514
  • Like 1