Is "Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor" necessary to craft all 3 sets of legendary armors ?

1 hour ago, Creepezel.2149 said:

I swear somewhere I heard that "Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor" is required to create legendary sets but as far as I understood from wiki, leggies are unlocked after second achievment. I confused myself.

The second collection tier ("Envoy Armor II") unlocks only after you complete the first collection. So, both are necessary.

• Thanks 1

Yes it is. Basically:

Envoy Armor I collection gives you a set of Ascended Gear, and the only purpose to complete this collection is to unlock Envoy Armor II. You can do whatever you want with this asc armor set.

Envoy Armor II Collection gives you the precursor asc armor set you need to toss into the mystic forge to create the legendary armor. And also enables you to buy the recipes from npc to craft  other Envoy precursors.

TLDR; You get your first precursor set upon Envoy II collection completition, but if you want to create the other 2 legendary sets you need to craft them with the recipes you can only buy after completing the collection Envoy II.