Improving team play?

Rose.2593

Any tips for improving performance of the whole team? Can play and feel like the whole performance of the team is at fault.  

I know each person can improve but still one of a team of 2, 3 or 5 etc. 

Seems hard to do when most players don't seem to know about team chat

PvP is not a team game, it is a group game.

In my opinion.

And this article is how I am defining it...

https://medium.com/topl-blog/a-group-is-not-a-team-cebc9d9f8ad2

(with the exception of ATs, especially the top groups of MATs, and maybe the guild groups in unranked (rare, rare, and more rare))

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

The eziest thing to do to improve coordination in ranked is drawing on the map and pinging. People feel more comfortable when they see this than someone yelling at them in chat.

if they aren’t following any of your ping direction and it’s hurting your teams rotations then a gentle reminder of what they should’ve done can resolve the issue.

it won’t always win you a match but it has certainly saved me at least a hundred loses over a season or 2.

note: always important to remember is never get toxic in team chat. This helps you avoid conflict, but there will always be someone who gets angry especially if they don’t care about winning, just remember not to get angry back at them and start a typing war- though u can simply say “plz focus on the match” if you feel it’ll help

You need distinct roles for teamwork, and GW2 PvP is more about running generic, one-man-army builds that don't necessarily rely on anybody or contribute uniquely; it's just a big dogpile of people passively flickering in and out of invulnerability while attacking.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John.8507 said:

Any tips for improving performance of the whole team? Can play and feel like the whole performance of the team is at fault.  

I know each person can improve but still one of a team of 2, 3 or 5 etc. 

Seems hard to do when most players don't seem to know about team chat

Heres a tip.

If your support is being pressure by someone its always good to counter pressure that enemy. An enemy thats defending itsself is not doing much dmg and in term will make the support well support you better.

Same can be apply with other teammate like a mesmer getting counter by an enemy thief.

• Like 1

Allow premades back unmitigated and by extension you'll see more communication because 2 mans and 3mans will communicate with each other and if your around they will communicate with you (unless there's a language barrier). And because there are more premade's team centered content like MAT and AT's will grow.

Pvp has a bunch of atomized players by design right now, GW2 biggest issue has been mid way after HoT Anet decide to remove so called "unfun" aspects of pvp content, but the said "unfun" content they removed are foundational like team building and itemization which people who pvp want more of people who pve that happen to pvp want less of.

Which leads us to today.

I draw from experience's with TERA,Dota2,Tekken7,Overwatch,Warframe,BDO,Street Fighter V,Soul Calibur pvp  and Anet is quite unique with its approach just to remove large swaths of pvp instead of tuning numbers.

Edited by Genesis.5169
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1