Dragon Response Missions

1 minute ago, trouble.3562 said:

can i do the challenges in the solo mode? i just want to finish the achievement points and i feel, let me know if im right, that if i go public hoping for people and they dont show up, im f'd.

Yes, all CMs are soloable. Make good use of your faction help, they're very strong. The most difficult one is Snowden Drifts, that one I've found extremely tough as a solo. The others had a lot of time to spare!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blocki.4931 said:

Private is an option for you to solo each and every mission. I recommend trying to finish all the pre-event steps to gain a stat boost that stacks up to 3 times for an easier experience.

How do i find this pre-event steps? Im just following my mission. tyvm Blocki

On 7/26/2021 at 3:44 PM, Blocki.4931 said:

Yes, all CMs are soloable. Make good use of your faction help, they're very strong. The most difficult one is Snowden Drifts, that one I've found extremely tough as a solo. The others had a lot of time to spare!

tbh I only had issue so far with the tengu one (forgot the name of the map ^-^') with stronger boss mote. I suppose I would have easier time on a class with good long-range dps option, but without ability to engage in any meaningfull dps from long range, I have found experience..... long and tiring.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 7:48 AM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

tbh I only had issue so far with the tengu one (forgot the name of the map ^-^') with stronger boss mote. I suppose I would have easier time on a class with good long-range dps option, but without ability to engage in any meaningfull dps from long range, I have found experience..... long and tiring.

That one is should be pretty easy if you can do all the others.  Just be sure you're lighting the fires and moving near them to clear the debuff or you'll die quickly.

6 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

That one is should be pretty easy if you can do all the others.  Just be sure you're lighting the fires and moving near them to clear the debuff or you'll die quickly.

yeah except I need to be close to the fires to prevent debuff application, and if boss is close to one he nearly instantly extinguish it forcing disabling it for quite a while, bonus points for boss spaming taunt before the knockback wave, terrain on the bridge being extreme crap (has a number of spots where you can get stuck on what seemed flat road) and last but not least, lighting the fires relying on same interact button, as revive, so if your swarm of useless npcs happens to die ontop of a fireplace, good luck lighting it up quickly. And cherry on top, as opposed to at least some other DRM bosses (bloodtide coast) if you happen to die boss instantly resets back to 100% health. I didn't died on other bosses with boss CM active, so can't say if they do the same.

Most of that ceases to be all that big issue if you happen to be a class with long range dps (1200 range) but on a build capped to 900 range, if I was able to hit the boss, I had half a minute before I would need to relocate outside of the range due to... firepit issues. And I can do all the rest of them no problem in melee.

6 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

yeah except I need to be close to the fires to prevent debuff application, and if boss is close to one he nearly instantly extinguish it forcing disabling it for quite a while, bonus points for boss spaming taunt before the knockback wave, terrain on the bridge being extreme crap (has a number of spots where you can get stuck on what seemed flat road) and last but not least, lighting the fires relying on same interact button, as revive, so if your swarm of useless npcs happens to die ontop of a fireplace, good luck lighting it up quickly. And cherry on top, as opposed to at least some other DRM bosses (bloodtide coast) if you happen to die boss instantly resets back to 100% health. I didn't died on other bosses with boss CM active, so can't say if they do the same.

Most of that ceases to be all that big issue if you happen to be a class with long range dps (1200 range) but on a build capped to 900 range, if I was able to hit the boss, I had half a minute before I would need to relocate outside of the range due to... firepit issues. And I can do all the rest of them no problem in melee.

Hmm, weird.  That one didn't seem particularly difficult to me and I did it on sword weaver.  I have trouble with the Snowden one.  The boss for some reason doesn't get stunned when you break his bar.  Instead he runs away from you so you can't DPS him with a melee build at all except when he's on his attack phase, which doesn't give you much time to really focus on doing that!  Also, the timer is super short for some reason. 

I can beat it solo, but I'm not even close on the timer.  If he would just get stunned when you break his bar like I think he's supposed to?  Or if the timer were reasonable like all the other DRMs.  Not sure what's going on there.  Feels buggy and/or poorly designed.

4 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I have trouble with the Snowden one.  The boss for some reason doesn't get stunned when you break his bar.

Well I didn't run into that one yet as I have not managed to actuall break bar on that one... (assuming we are thinking here of same DRM XD)

5 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Also, the timer is super short for some reason.

yeah to be honest here I never tried to put the timer challenge. I mean why should I again? (I have read the "all CMS are soloable" as in one can solo each of them challenge modes, not that instance is still soloable with all of them active at once)

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Well I didn't run into that one yet as I have not managed to actuall break bar on that one... (assuming we are thinking here of same DRM XD)

yeah to be honest here I never tried to put the timer challenge. I mean why should I again? (I have read the "all CMS are soloable" as in one can solo each of them challenge modes, not that instance is still soloable with all of them active at once)

There's no reason not to.  Failing the time challenge just means you don't get credit for that challenge, same as only activating the 2 other challenges.  Most of them give you a ton of time to complete, too.  It's just that snowden one has a really short timer for some reason and whatever that weirdness is where the boss ignores the breakbar stun and instead starts running around the room!  Annoying.

• Like 1