How to make Virtuoso feel more like a Virtuoso

Artyport.2084

Ok. So I’m loving the raw concept behind this elite spec.. and I think it’s just requires the tiniest bit of work. 

The shatters:

I agree with everyone who says the shatters are too similar to their current  setup.

The F1 skill is cool and should stay the dame

The F2 skill doesn’t need confusion (I think a lot of us are tired of this condition)and should be the utility skill that rains down dangers.. the duration should pend on how many daggers you have 

the F3 should be the aoe immobilized that immobs more enemies surrounded by your target based on the number of daggers you have

the F4 is perfect 

Utilities: 

psionic abilities do not fit the spec name at all.

however this can simply be fixed by changing the name of the skills to performances and switching up the animations.

performances visually look like dances or playing an illusionary or even a real instrument 

for instance the heal skill can look the same but you would do a twirl to send out the daggers 

the skill to get a full charge of the daggers should be us playing a loot and getting distortion 

The ability that provides knock back should just be a twirl ala fire brand healing tomb skill 2 

new skills

id love a 2 charge dash skills that looks dancery and breaks stun 

and the final skill could be us playing the harp which combines all our daggers into one then sends them out to stun like the current f3 ability 

the elite can stay as it is just so it focuses on the dagger creation of the spec

boom. It basically does similar things as it does now just rearranged and re styled. 

it gives this unique blend of dagger artist who uses magical music to boost their abilities to do damage 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It's not that the spec design doesn't fit the name, but the opposite: the name doesn't fit (very well) the design.

The elite spec is a mix of a Psychic Mage and a Blade Dancer, and it's very consciously designed around those two concepts.

Edited by Skyroar.2974

1 minute ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

It's not that the spec design doesn't fit the name, but the opposite: the name doesn't fit (very well) the design.

The elite spec is a mix of a Psychic Mage and a Blade Dancer, and it's very consciously designed around those two concepts.

yes.. however it’s named that way because a lot of people wanted something that gives the music/performer theme 

adding these minor details allows for it to be both the dps spec that people want and the magical performer that people want.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

yes.. however it’s named that way because a lot of people wanted something that gives the music/performer theme 

adding these minor details allows for it to be both the dps spec that people want and the magical performer that people want.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure if the people who wanted a music-themed spec will ever be happy or satisfied with a psychic blade dancer spec, regardless of minor details.

Aren't most Bard/Minstrel fans wishing for a support spec? One that perhaps makes use of the Inspiration traitline, in the same way that Mirage makes great use of the Chaos line?

Virtuoso just won't be that spec.

Edited by Skyroar.2974
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skyroar.2974 said:

Perhaps, but I'm not sure if the people who wanted a music-themed spec will ever be happy or satisfied with a psychic blade dancer spec, regardless of minor details.

Aren't most Bard/Minstrel fans wishing for a support spec? One that perhaps makes use of the Inspiration traitline, in the same way that Mirage makes great use of the Chaos line?

Virtuoso just won't be that spec.

Here’s the thing..

virtuoso is the closest thing we are going to get. I truly doubt after these elite specs will we see another. 

if they can’t do it they should change the name because it’s misleading 

• Confused 1