EoD plot speculation.

ugrakarma.9416

by on last trailer.

- Aurene rambles on 'acquaintance' with some place or someone.

- Some voice(a dragon?) responds Aurene: "you will soon little one." 

- Ladys Jade: "whos u are talking too".

- the "dragon voice": "just a echo in the mists".

its clear is "lady jade" is very close to "dragon voice". inst clear if the voice is DSD or someone else.

by the dialogue their relationship inst also very clear yet, if

1-theyre friends on same boat.

2-or lady jade had some coercitive power over him.

3- it's not clear whether the dragon hides the truth to lady jade, about who he's talking to out of a) fear of telling the truth because of point "2", b) or hes doesn't really know who he's talking too c) just the natural style of that voice spoke vague(like jormag almost of time).

by the restg of dialogue, we notice that Lady Jade has the rule of a "the one whos bring new era", the same rule of Raymond Cocteau in "Demolition Man"( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_Man_(film) ) , a movie inspired in Aldous Huxley's plot. In that kind plot normally the "genius" that bring some utopian era, hide a tyranical rule. 

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

I've been watching both trailers trying to compared the voices and I'm pretty sure the voice that Aurine is talking too is definitely the same one Kuunavang was talking with in the Teaser.

I thought perhaps the other voice "who are you talking to" was Kuunavang at first but after watching them again like this it's way different and definitely sounds more like a mortal female, probably the one at the end of the trailer which the OP dubbed as Lady Jade.. good name i'll continue to use going forward until an officaial one is confirmed.

From the way this voice speaks, how it sounds (old and wise almost like a grandmother) and that it has been shown to have a connection with both the known, living, good, Dragons Kuunavang and Aurine who also notes that she finds this voice familiar and says "I know you and yet I dont".
I would based on all of that feel confident enough to believe that this voice is the "Mother" Kralkatorrik spoke of in his dying breath.

Who is Mother?
Well my theory is that she is a primordial Elder Dragon.. the first, and at one time probably the only Elder Dragon.
Since dragons reproduce in Guildwars without the need for an opposite gendered partner, and her being the original Elder Dragon then it's likely that she had the ability to lay eggs.
Which is where the 6 Elder Dragons that we know today came from, with Jormag and Primordus specifically being born from the same egg hence their twin status.
And as we know these Elder Dragons also appear to have the ability to create more Dragons as well which is where all other species came from.
Considering the Deep Sea Dragon from all the new artwork appears to be a gigantic sea serpent, I think it's a very safe bet now that much like Glint, Aurine and Vlast came from Kralkatorrik that all the Saltsprey Dragons including Kuunavang are descendant from the Deep Sea Elder Dragon.
Which would also explain why Mother has reached out to Kuuni and Aurine and why likely both of them feel a bond with her.

My theory on what happened to Mother was that her children in their youthful arrogance and lust for power turned on her.. Primordus being the one I think most responsible and mother being either unable or unwilling to harm her own children decided instead to give up her power/sacrifice herself, thus empowering all her children to the status of Elder Dragon and creating a new magic cycle in the process.

Mother's reappearance in Cantha.
My theory on why mother is back now is because of the DragonJade technology.
What I think Lady Jade has managed to create is a machine that can in some way control or manipulate the mists.. possibly by extent time itself.
Through this machinery I think Mother has been able to communicate through the mist with Lady Jade, Kuunavang and once Aurine gets close enough to Cantha, her too.

I think mother is manipulating Lady Jade, becoming a mentor to her in a way and helping her to perfect her Dragonjade machinery (which is what we saw in the trailer) her goal being to "resurrect" herself in a way by bringing herself or at least her mind through the mists onto present day Tyria.
She may also be planning to fuse her mind with Aurine's to do this since Aurine already being an Elder Dragon (a very young one at that) makes her a far better candidate.
She is more powerful and less wise than Kuunavang.

This might be why we go to Cantha in the first place.. a giant ploy to enlist our help but the real goal being to capture/manipulate Aurine.
Mai Trinn being hired possibly even under false pretences to recruit our help explaining why we seem to be heading to Cantha with her Aetherblade's.. still regarded as enemies, rather than under our own means via allies as we've done in the past.

• Like 1