Can we get more information about how long the level 80 boost will be disabled [MERGED]

20 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Here is the problem, they never said this issue was "a short inconvenience". The fact that the lvl 80 booster has been unreachable and disabled for almost an entire week is proof enough that this isn't "a short inconvenience".

We've realy had it good with GW2, haven't we. A week or two is still relatively short for major issues. A lot of other developers (say, Blizzard, or Square Enix, to name two top competitors here) often delay fixing such issues to the next major patch if they are not of the gamebreaking kind.

It seems from their messages that the problem turned out to be much more complicated than they thought, and so, at the moment they don't even have an estimate to how long will fixing it will take. Still, it is a gemshop issue. As such, you can be sure, that Anet is trying to fix it as soon as possible.

20 hours ago, Ayon.9875 said:

You need to be level 80 to start the expansion stories be it HoT or PoF  imo. Can't get raptor without being level 80

Yes, you have to be level 80 to start the instance. That requirement however is not extended to everyone else in your group. So, you can just group with someone that does have level 80 and have them open the instance.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We've realy had it good with GW2, haven't we. A week or two is still relatively short for major issues. A lot of other developers (say, Blizzard, or Square Enix, to name two top competitors here) often delay fixing such issues to the next major patch if they are not of the gamebreaking kind.

I wouldn't say we've "had it good." I'd say we've had it the way it should be. When a product meets a description and satisfies a customer, that's just basic checking the boxes. As mmo players, we are so used to abuse from these corporations that we see a company doing a pretty ok job as something remarkable.

Their communication on this issue has been pretty bad, from what I can tell. I just got done playing the New World beta, and I was looking for another game to fill that void. For me it was between this game and ESO. I have a lot of time on both, but I own all the content for GW2. I also had boosts from years ago when I got HoT and PoF. With that in mind, I downloaded the game with the intention of boosting a Mesmer and having some fun. Character boost didn't work, so that was instant alt+f4 for me. I'm not going to level up another character to 80 on this game. I just don't feel like it. I wanted to experience some of the expansion content that I haven't experienced yet.

I scour the net for info on this, and all I can find is a cryptic Tweet and a forum post from almost a week ago. I'm unable to enjoy the boosts that came with my purchase, rendering the the product incomplete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, xBraidx.7935 said:

I scour the net for info on this, and all I can find is a cryptic Tweet and a forum post from almost a week ago. I'm unable to enjoy the boosts that came with my purchase, rendering the the product incomplete.

Here you are. No need to thank me:

and

Look especially at the second one. I doubt they can be any more specific than that.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, xBraidx.7935 said:

I wouldn't say we've "had it good." I'd say we've had it the way it should be. When a product meets a description and satisfies a customer, that's just basic checking the boxes. As mmo players, we are so used to abuse from these corporations that we see a company doing a pretty ok job as something remarkable.

Their communication on this issue has been pretty bad, from what I can tell. I just got done playing the New World beta, and I was looking for another game to fill that void. For me it was between this game and ESO. I have a lot of time on both, but I own all the content for GW2. I also had boosts from years ago when I got HoT and PoF. With that in mind, I downloaded the game with the intention of boosting a Mesmer and having some fun. Character boost didn't work, so that was instant alt+f4 for me. I'm not going to level up another character to 80 on this game. I just don't feel like it. I wanted to experience some of the expansion content that I haven't experienced yet.

Curious...what 'expansion content' were you hoping to experience with your L80 Boost-ed character?

15 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Curious...what 'expansion content' were you hoping to experience with your L80 Boost-ed character?

I don't know man. Last time I played I got to 80 on a warrior and then moved on to another game. I want to see what the expansions have to offer on a different class as warrior was a little boring for me.

Zones? Mounts? Story content? End game gear? PvP?

Have anything interesting to say about that bud?

• Confused 1

Please Anet, just give us a way to transfer level 80 boosters into level 80 tickets.
This will be the third character slot I have had to waste just to make a pointless unused charater that i will never play.
Why?.. all so I can acess the shared inventory slot I purposly paid extra for just to get..
Feels a bit of a rip off 😞
Please??

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mythykle Mythryndyr.4573 said:

Please Anet, just give us a way to transfer level 80 boosters into level 80 tickets.
This will be the third character slot I have had to waste just to make a pointless unused charater that i will never play.
Why?.. all so I can acess the shared inventory slot I purposly paid extra for just to get..
Feels a bit of a rip off 😞
Please??

Just use the booster on a level 80 character you already got mate.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:44 AM, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Same here. I got another booster from the EoD 3000g pack. My shared slot finally delivered with lvl 80 booster, and the booster I got from the 3000 gem pack is taking up one of my current shared slots, so 2 shared alots I am unable to use now.

hm... your two lvl 80 booster cannot stack? i had one lvl 80 booster from long ago unused for year, and receive the new one and it stack over it as "2" that only using one shared slot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1