Raiding in End of Dragon

4 hours ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

You stated: "A CM would have to almost completely redesign the entire fight in order to make it comparable to the average raid level.  If you look back at what they have done with previous CMs, you'll see that none of them come remotely close to doing something of that scale."

If I understand you correctly, your point is that Strike normal mode encounters are so drastically different than what a raid CM level challenge would look like, that in your opinion it is extremely unlikely for a Strike CM to be even remotely close to a raid CM level difficulty.

Yes.

4 hours ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

I then stated: "They have said in the past, that the environment, unique graphical assets, voice acting, etc is what typically took so long to make a raid in the past. Given that Strikes CMs can/will share an environment, share voice acting, share graphical assets, etc with the content in the story/regular mode strikes, I don't personally don't consider it unrealistic to have something like a Balthzar PoF story mode boss turn into a Samarog CM level difficulty in a Strike CM format. Again at this point though, we're just speculating and its going to be irrelevant in 6months anyway, so this is my last point on the topic."

My point is that the overhead on creating raid encounters is often NOT the specific encounter design, but rather all of the extra flavor that comes with it (i.e. environment, voice acting, graphical assets, etc). They have stated so in the past. Given this, I am basically disagreeing with your core point. They won't need to do the most challenging/time consuming part of the raid development, so I see no reason why they couldn't go the extra mile to have something like the Balthazar fight in a story instance, the Balthazar fight in a 10man normal mode strike, and the Balthazar fight in a Strike CM mode that has raid level encounter design, mechanics, difficultly, etc. 

My argument, like the discussion itself, was about the difference in challenge between the fights themselves.  Not the graphical assets.  Not the voice acting.  Not whatever else that really has nothing to do with the discussion.  None of that has anything to do with the differences in challenge between strikes and raids.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

Yes.

My argument, like the discussion itself, was about the difference in challenge between the fights themselves.  Not the graphical assets.  Not the voice acting.  Not whatever else that really has nothing to do with the discussion.  None of that has anything to do with the differences in challenge between strikes and raids.

yeah Idk what else to tell ya. Hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn't read the replies. Have a good one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, Hugedeal.5426 said:

So just a question, regarding any news about raiding in  End of Dragons, does anybody know if we getting new wings in next expansion, or was anything mentioned about it, i'm just wondering because for me raiding in gw 2 is rly well done, and i see a lot of people saying they ain't releasing any more wings, anybody has any infos :o?

The last info we've heard about raids was that the raid population got so low they no longer can justify their further development (but they hope that maybe, just maybe strikes can reignite that interest and thus change the situation).

That was somewhere around two years ago. Since then, raid population didn't seem to increase - rather the opposite.

Some players think that it means that new wings are obviously just around the corner. Others think the exact opposite. You can draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1