Boss Chest Tonic?

Is there any chance this might make a return in the future?

I got the Endless Shiny Chest Tonic from the latest Boss Rush, and it's mostly great. But it's always open when stationary.

And I have a character called Magnificent Chest 😁

I've caught a few people out so far, with one even telling me "You're dangerous. TOO dangerous.", which gave me a good chuckle, but I'm sure I'd catch more little fishies if I could close my lid...

Since these 'rush events' seem pretty popular maybe Anet could standardise them and have them on a regular rotation (not running all the time, I'm thinking 1 per month at most) and have them award some type of token which can be used to purchase previous rewards.

They should definitely do something to allow newer players and those who missed it last time to claim older tonics and things, a lot of players have fun with these and it would be a shame if they were forever restricted to a one-off event.

27 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

They should definitely do something to allow newer players and those who missed it last time to claim older tonics and things

They did include some of the older novelties in the recent events, which lead to duplicate novelties for players that had already done the old event. I don't mind if they want to offer those again in future events, too, but I hope they'll find a better way to deal with duplicates in the future. Just having them dropped in your inventory so you can destroy them manually always feels kind of unpolished to me.

9 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

They did include some of the older novelties in the recent events, which lead to duplicate novelties for players that had already done the old event. I don't mind if they want to offer those again in future events, too, but I hope they'll find a better way to deal with duplicates in the future. Just having them dropped in your inventory so you can destroy them manually always feels kind of unpolished to me.

That's why I'm thinking a token system would be better. That way everyone can choose what to get with their tokens and players who already have (or don't want) older tonics can pick something else. Especially since there already is a token and vendor which would work, it's just linked to 1 specific event so the tokens are impossible to get currently.

Unfortunately, I don't have any Fractal Rush trophies, as I've not played them at all since returning to the game 😞

But thanks for the cool ideas guys!

I did get a kick out of participating in the World Boss Rush, and it reminded me of the old-school endgame from back before I left the game the first time.

In a week-long format, it's just about right.

And I like the idea of generic rush event tokens too, but we all know ANet loves to proliferate currencies rather than consolidate them 😄