Help choosing class & Question about core spec build

kalyklos.7201

Hello I come back on the game before the new expensions and I want play a class that have at least 1 condi build and 1 power build. These 2 build must be strong, ( no necessarily OP or kitten , especially for condi build) but enough strong for PVP and WVW. Someone could tell me which class that matches these criteria (i have both expansions).

Besides, i went on Metabattle in order to have a, idea and i saw there was some good build without elite spec. Why play core condi necro/guard/thief instead of condi Reaper/DH/daredevil ?

5 hours ago, kalyklos.7201 said:

Besides, i went on Metabattle in order to have a, idea and i saw there was some good build without elite spec. Why play core condi necro/guard/thief instead of condi Reaper/DH/daredevil ?

For condition PvP builds Guardians doesn't take much benefit from the DH traitline or skills, since most of them are oriented towards physical damage, so using Randiance and Virtues to max out burning damage and Valor to boost your meditations (which will fill your #6 to #10 skills) makes sense. For physical builds core Guard is solid but DH offers higher mobility, burst, and the availability of stealth through trapper runes (which sometimes is more handly). Also, Firebrand in PvP has gone from god tier to utter garbage, so no wonder currently core Guard is better at everything (including support). Core Necro is very strong, albeit I'm sure Necro users could explain their strengths better than me. I'm not sure about the core Thief, tho: the consensus seems to be that Daredevil offers the strongest builds, followed by Deadeye.

Edited by Buran.3796