Server transfer suggestion

Sovereign.1093

1. When map is full, we Q, and we wait. Why not apply the same with full servers. If it is full, you can buy your slot. and so when a player leaves, you can then transfer?

2. Also if a player for a period of 1 month, there is a need to verify if he plays wvw. He may not be kicked from the server but will not be counted as per population. Period 1 week 1 month etc.

@Sovereign.1093 said:When map is full, we Q, and we wait. Why not apply the same with full servers. If it is full, you can buy your slot. and so when a player leaves, you can then transfer?

Because wether a server is "full" isn't determined by how many people play on a server but by how long they play.

Someone who plays for 2-3 hours a week could leave a server and a commander who plays 2-3 hours a day could join. So a queue system isn't as easy as it seems.

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:When map is full, we Q, and we wait. Why not apply the same with full servers. If it is full, you can buy your slot. and so when a player leaves, you can then transfer?

Because wether a server is "full" isn't determined by
how many
people play on a server but by
how long
they play.

Someone who plays for 2-3 hours a week could leave a server and a commander who plays 2-3 hours a day could join. So a queue system isn't as easy as it seems.

i think that variable is not a part of how the population ought to be counted. 1 unit is one unit. =) besides anyone can be a commander.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

i think that variable is not a part of how the population ought to be counted. 1 unit is one unit. =) besides anyone can be a commander.

So.. you want someone's time who only comes in for daily's to count the same as another who plays 10-12 hours routinely? Think about that for a moment..

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

So.. you want someone's time who only comes in for daily's to count the same as another who plays 10-12 hours routinely? Think about that for a moment..

you mis understood. thats why there should be a que. so if someone leaves, one unit will be reduced. then someone else can take the place.

anet would be able compare the time of players.

if i have a record of my guildmates playtime, then they should have a more intricate.means to do it.

oOo

but even in such a case. one unit per unot should be the case no matter a players game time.

its not as if a player play always 10 hours a day.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

but even in such a case. one unit per unot should be the case no matter a players game time.

So... Then the reality is, you want a system that benefits you, regardless of population balance.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

So... Then the reality is, you want a system that benefits you, regardless of population balance.

It will benefit all players. =)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

Correction: Those that do not want population balance.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

Correction: Those that do not want population balance.

it is precisely for population balance =)

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@SugarCayne.3098 said:Here's a thought: How about spreading out and not stacking servers for better fights?

You mean for easier fights and PvDing right?

No I mean having 40 vs 40, instead of 80 vs 2.

Asking Anet to fix/amend/adjust to enable the transfer to already stacked servers, even if there happens to be a single person that leaves that stacked server, is silly. They should be discouraging this kind of thinking.

Players have the ability to make this game fantastic; that by spreading out, they're increasing the quality of the game for everyone, including themselves.

P.S. I'm pretty sure everyone who posts here is tired of threads like these. They are asked over and over; Anet responds, and then the response Anet gives is ignored. Anyone who plays this game pretty regularly knows that adding MORE to already stacked is not the solution.

I do think whatever algorithm they use to determine server activity is messed up. Most of the times when I go into WvW I don't run across many people doing stuff. We'd be lucky to have a zerg of 20 or so people where the servers we're up against have multiple full blobs on a number of maps. It can make doing stuff in WvW kind of lame sometimes.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Rhiannon.1726 said:

how many
how long
they play.

It is exactly how it needs to be counted: one person doesn't play the same as any other. WvW queues and populations are increased more by people who play WvW full time and less by folks such as myself that binge (a few weeks of full time followed by months of inactivity). 10 people like me take up "less room" than my friend who will do the occasional fractal or raid with us, but is otherwise WvW all the time.

Archived