Making Legendary Armor, will putting an Armor Skin on it beforehand still say "Transmuted"?

Question doesn't have anything to do with Legendary, it's more about Armor Skins in general, how they relate to transmutation charges, and how they are changed in the Forge.

1. Is putting a on a skin - the exact same - as using a transmutation charge (does it just change the look, or will it change what the item is)? The wiki says it will modify it.
  2. If I put a bought skin on (any gear), will it say "transmuted" underneath?
  3. If I put a newly skinned armor into the Forge, will it come out as a fresh Legendary with the new look (or will it revert back to the original)?

: )

Applying a skin (from the gem store or any other source) to an item is exactly the same as using a transmutation charge to change it. It will say transmuted and it will change the apprence but keep the stats the same.

I'm not sure how it affects making legendary armour though. I've not made legendary armour and I've always been too nervous to transmute a weapon precursor, just in case it didn't work (I've heard both that it's fine and that it stops them working). If I didn't like how it looked I just didn't use it until I'd finished the legendary.

@"mikejones.4930" said:Question doesn't have anything to do with Legendary, it's more about Armor Skins in general, how they relate to transmutation charges, and how they are changed in the Forge.

1. Is putting a on a skin - the exact same - as using a transmutation charge (does it just change the look, or will it change what the item is)? The wiki says it will modify it.
  2. If I put a bought skin on (any gear), will it say "transmuted" underneath?
  3. If I put a newly skinned armor into the Forge, will it come out as a fresh Legendary with the new look (or will it revert back to the original)?

: )

If you reskin, (CAREFUL: not reforge, aka stat change) the precursor of any legendary, crafting the legendary item at a later point in time will not have the "transmuted" mention on the item, have the original legendary appearance and behave in any way like a legendary. This is because the new legendary item, forged out of precursor and other components, is actually a completely new item.

If you reskin ANY legendary item, it will state that the item was transmuted, even if you reskin it back to its original skin.

@Danikat.8537 said:Applying a skin (from the gem store or any other source) to an item is exactly the same as using a transmutation charge to change it. It will say transmuted and it will change the apprence but keep the stats the same.

I'm not sure how it affects making legendary armour though. I've not made legendary armour and I've always been too nervous to transmute a weapon precursor, just in case it didn't work (I've heard both that it's fine and that it stops them working). If I didn't like how it looked I just didn't use it until I'd finished the legendary.

Reskinning is fine, reforging is not. If you apply a new skin to an item, it does not change its properties. It will even state that the item will behave as XYZ.

If you reforge or stat change a precursor, the item WILL lose its properties because you are essentially creating a new item with the old item as part of the recipe.

@"mikejones.4930" said:

Yes, it is a free transmutation.

1. If I put a bought skin on (any gear), will it say "transmuted" underneath?

Yes.

1. If I put a newly skinned armor into the Forge, will it come out as a fresh Legendary with the new look (or will it revert back to the original)?

You can't put a legendary item into the Mystic Forge. Ascended armor, however, will receive the standard skin of the ascended skin whose attributes you picked to change it into.

Thank you all, that answered my question. Also, @Ashantara.8731 that answered my question.

So, based on this, there is no way to have "Slumbering Mistforged" as a skin, on my Legendary Armor? Since, there is no Armor called "Slumbering Mistforged", only the skin.

@mikejones.4930 said:Thank you all, that answered my question. Also, @Ashantara.8731 that answered my question.

So, based on this, there is no way to have "Slumbering Mistforged" as a skin, on my Legendary Armor? Since, there is no Armor called "Slumbering Mistforged", only the skin.

Yes you can but it will say its transmuted to the slumbering mistforged skin.