[Suggestion] Guild Hall - Expand Guild Hall Build Options

TheGrimm.5624

I know that you can access your bank from the scribing station. That said I would like to see guilds be granted options to grow their guild halls and gain access to:

• Banks
  • Guild Banks
  • Black Lion Trader
  • Black Lion Vendor
  • Mystic Forge
  • Myammi / Forge Assistant
  • Crafting Stations (All)
  • WvW Vendors
  • Fractal Vendors
  • Dungeon Vendors

It would also be nice to allow guilds to be able to build gathering nodes from the various zones that have special currencies. Example allow them to unlock:

• Bloodstone
  • Petrified Wood
  • Winterberries
  • Fire Orchaids
  • Orian Oysters
  • Jade Shard
  • New zone currencies

All the above would require mats unique to the zone that the node is being built from. This creates then guild goals for a particular zone and something people could work on together while exploring new zones and places. I could see the same applied to other older zones and their special currency item as well. Image a little sustainable karka farm in your guild hall like the guild arena. Go in and combat for daily karka shells.

Guild Garden, imagine a patch where we build nodes of the various types of herbs from the world, each plant type could be its own addition and something to build for the garden after the initial garden is crafted. I know the one node has this as a random options but this would on top of or in lieu of that depending on which way the guild goes.

Now the whys:

• Give guilds more things to works towards together
  • Give more reason to visit guild hall
  • Removes excess materials from the world
  • Gives guilds more ways to rank up and gain access to features
  • Its fun
  • Allows guilds to create their own versions of lobbies
  • Gives guild a reason to show what they have done

Key here is we should be always having new ways to expand our guild halls and allow for guild growth as we do for individual growth. MMOs are all about progression. Thanks for your time. Good Guilding!

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Key here is we should be always having new ways to expand our guild halls and allow for guild growth as we do for individual growth. MMOs are all about progression. Thanks for your time. Good Guilding!

I totally agree and I am very hopeful to get some new updates for the guild-hall with PoF. Maybe even a whole new tier for each building or the whole guild-hall.

I personal wouldn't mind to give scribes the opportunity to build endless deco-versions of bank, crafting-stations, hero-banners and anything people want. They can be really expensive, but should only/mainly use account unbound crafting-material. This way the guild can actually design their QoL-corner on their own.Though I would love to see a way for scribes to get account-bound items from others. Maybe if they could open up a list in the treasury with the name of the project, that would be nice. But that's another topic.

I don't know.While I agree with you and I would be quite happy to see that as well, I am not surprised that this content is not in-game and likely won't be as, I believe, Anet wants to avoid giving people means of "not having to leave single area at all". Meaning they propably want people to go around and explore, be around more so the game won't look empty, especialy Main Cities.

@Alatar.7364 said:I don't know.While I agree with you and I would be quite happy to see that as well, I am not surprised that this content is not in-game and likely won't be as, I believe, Anet wants to avoid giving people means of "not having to leave single area at all". Meaning they propably want people to go around and explore, be around more so the game won't look empty, especialy Main Cities.

Or because they want to sell more V.I.P area passes in the gemstore.

@Alatar.7364 said:I don't know.While I agree with you and I would be quite happy to see that as well, I am not surprised that this content is not in-game and likely won't be as, I believe, Anet wants to avoid giving people means of "not having to leave single area at all". Meaning they propably want people to go around and explore, be around more so the game won't look empty, especialy Main Cities.

From ANet's perspective I can see this as a concern. I see the pro of giving a guild more reasons to hang out in the same map in the same light. I also see these as longer term goals and not something a guild would be able to just knock out. I also think players will graviate to their nearest access poitn for service so I fon't think this would make them en mass leave the city centers. The question here is it something that the players would like? Then ANet can weigh that against other concerns.

@Vavume.8065 said:

Or because they want to sell more V.I.P area passes in the gemstore.

I have a couple of V.I.P passes. I tend to feel that player's that buy them now will buy them then too. Take the newest one with low-g, we won't be able replicate that in the guild hall so I think ANet will still be able to draw people with passes in the future. And again depending on how they do it not all guilds will be interested in all the features but there at least would be more options. They could also set up the system for some of the above via an increasing requirement system for each addition of a type. Its a good balance to have things that player's can do in game and synergy with some gem store items as well.

@"TheGrimm.5624"I COMPLETELY agree on adding a lot of the things you mentioned. Guild Halls have become boring and dull because larger guilds have completed all of their upgrades already. Even my medium/small guild is already at level 35 which means we're close to being able to upgrade anything at any time (level 40). I find it a bit ridiculous to have to constantly exit the guild hall just to load Lion's Arch or another location containing a Black Lion Trader. There's literally no reason to make us do this. All it's doing is wasting our time. Crafting Stations, Personal Bank, and Black Lion Trading Post are my most important "wants." I definitely would love to see all of the crafting station areas as well. This is something that my guild members complain about constantly.

On a similar note, I think that it would be great if we could actually move the NPCs around so that we can decorate our guild hall as we wanted, where we wanted. For example, it's kind of annoying to run from Guild Bank all the way over to the Scribing station. Adding the ability to right-click and "Buy More" from the Trading Post from the Treasurer would be awesome as well; AS WELL AS the ability to pull materials from your personal bank directly to the treasurer. Would also be awesome if we could use REGULAR decorations in the ARENA. I mean, it is OUR arena. Why can't we decorate it how we want?

@"Eteru Seishin.7125" said:On a similar note, I think that it would be great if we could actually move the NPCs around so that we can decorate our guild hall as we wanted, where we wanted. For example, it's kind of annoying to run from Guild Bank all the way over to the Scribing station. Adding the ability to right-click and "Buy More" from the Trading Post from the Treasurer would be awesome as well; AS WELL AS the ability to pull materials from your personal bank directly to the treasurer. Would also be awesome if we could use REGULAR decorations in the ARENA. I mean, it is OUR arena. Why can't we decorate it how we want?

Moving around the NPCs is very interesting idea and since they are anchors it would certainly seem feasible to have as an option. The more people can adapt and change their guild environment and grow it would fit the feel and concept of "Guilds" in GW2. Even though we received no information I am hoping expanded guild functions will be a feature in the expansion.

@Eteru Seishin.7125 said:Would also be awesome if we could use REGULAR decorations in the ARENA. I mean, it is OUR arena. Why can't we decorate it how we want?

You can place regular deco in the arena.. it a bit tricky but it can be done...I've used SAB pieces in there to make a mutli layer environment to play and fight in as well as for guild type races.

I think it would be nice to also add some purely cosmetic items to the guild hall based on members achievements or account items. This could also be tied to guild roles so massive guilds can keep things from getting out of control.

• Zoo - like the Zaishen Menagerie Grounds based off of the pets tamed by members, or may a mini-zoo where you have representations of minis that members have unlocked.
  • Hall of Achievements - where members can display what achievements they have completed or are working on.
  • Armor/Weapon museum - you can see what armor, weapon, and maybe outfit skins are unlocked by members.
  • PVP statues for guild members like in the PVP lobby, but targeted only for guild members, or the guild PVP arena.
  • WVW - have something for displaying guild totals for captures/claims.

It gives guilds something to constantly work on that gets members out into those other zones and game modes and allows for more continuous hall adjustment/decoration.

@Daiki.6237 said:

@Eteru Seishin.7125 said:Would also be awesome if we could use REGULAR decorations in the ARENA. I mean, it is OUR arena. Why can't we decorate it how we want?

You can place regular deco in the arena.. it a bit tricky but it can be done...I've used SAB pieces in there to make a mutli layer environment to play and fight in as well as for guild type races.

I'd love to know the method you used for this.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

• Banks
  • Guild Banks
  • Black Lion Trader
  • Black Lion Vendor
  • Mystic Forge
  • Myammi / Forge Assistant
  • Crafting Stations (All)
  • WvW Vendors
  • Fractal Vendors
  • Dungeon Vendors

I think Anet has said they will not add these because they do not want the city areas to be unpopulated. Why is beyond me, most times its Google Ph.D. Doctors and who has the most stuff fights.

There does not seem to be too much stuff they can add yet, maybe stables to give buffs to mounts?I wouldn't mind more waypoints to buy for the portal.

I can understand why there are going to be some things that are kept special to cities, but I LOVE the idea of a garden or stable for resource nodes and the sorts of things otherwise added to Home Instances. It would allow a more central version of the Tour of Home Instances some guilds do for resource nodes and for someone like me that can be overwhelmed with new stuff in Fractals and Dungeons, a menagerie that could unlock particular monsters for training in the Arena would not only allow some access to special material drops (karka shells, etc) but practice for those learning to fight some of the nastier creatures in a more controlled mentoring environment.

And I am not certain how much making a city center in your guild hall will impact city centers. Not to mention if that is a concern still then I would picture ANet adding in more reasons for players to travel there. Be that events, mission cross overs, more repeatable city hearts and the like. But just to keep people there to craft over places like the guild hall, IMO doesn't make as much sense since I think some will still go there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see an upgrade to clean the guild hall up more than it is. In all the guild halls. Buildings slowly getting repaired, rubble getting cleaned up, sand being removed. So on so forth. So that more of the guild hall is accessible for use by the guild for various decorations and set ups.gw246.jpg

@TheGrimm.5624 said:And I am not certain how much making a city center in your guild hall will impact city centers. Not to mention if that is a concern still then I would picture ANet adding in more reasons for players to travel there. Be that events, mission cross overs, more repeatable city hearts and the like. But just to keep people there to craft over places like the guild hall, IMO doesn't make as much sense since I think some will still go there.

Could always have people put in their current instant access scrolls as a source to gain these items in the guild hall.

Archived