Does it worths investing on Power Mesmer/Chrono?

KeoLegend.5132

I have a Power Guardian and a Condi Ranger and i absolutely hates having to track condis on mobs and see my DPS depending on that. I like Power because the damage is predictable, instant and is just there.

BUT

on Benchmarks Power build sucks, everyone says it sucks, i hear it everywhere and that makes me sad.So lets talk about Mesmer PvE. I LOVE my Power Mesmer/Chrono Sword/Sword, Sword/Shield and Greatsword for bursting and i have like 500 Gold to invest on equips for him.

1. In order to be relevant in Fractals and maybe raids should i go against my will and force myself out to learn Condi or if i become very skilled with the power class i can do at least decente DPS and be accept on High Fractals?

2. Speaking of Power Phantasm builds, what Sigils should i use on Sword? I heard accuracy is not very good because we can cap crit with equips so what about Sigil of Air + Sigil of Force? Good, bad, terrible?

3. Rune of Ranger or Scholar? Does illusion counts as a companion? Because in close fights i wont have 90% HP all the time so i wont proc. Scholar on every single hit...

4. Should i invest on Assasins till which Crit chance % ? should i go Berserkers after the cap or just run all Berseker or all Assasins? I get very doubtfull on this one and personaly i would prefer to have 100% crit uptime, but would that means a lower dps or not?

I know its a lot of questions, but i beleive that sums up a lot of doubts many mesmers are having right now, not just me. So i would like to thank you pros beforehand for helping me (us) out

@KeoLegend.5132 said:I have a Power Guardian and a Condi Ranger and i absolutely hates having to track condis on mobs and see my DPS depending on that. I like Power because the damage is predictable, instant and is just there.

BUT

on Benchmarks Power build sucks, everyone says it sucks, i hear it everywhere and that makes me sad.So lets talk about Mesmer PvE. I LOVE my Power Mesmer/Chrono Sword/Sword, Sword/Shield and Greatsword for bursting and i have like 500 Gold to invest on equips for him.

1. In order to be relevant in Fractals and maybe raids should i go against my will and force myself out to learn Condi or if i become very skilled with the power class i can do at least decente DPS and be accept on High Fractals?

Condi mesmer is not part of the fractal meta.

Support power chrono is.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

1. Speaking of Power Phantasm builds, what Sigils should i use on Sword? I heard accuracy is not very good because we can cap crit with equips so what about Sigil of Air + Sigil of Force? Good, bad, terrible?

Sigil of Concentration remains our strongest main sigil on support chrono. Force is your offhand Sigil.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

1. Rune of Ranger or Scholar? Does illusion counts as a companion? Because in close fights i wont have 90% HP all the time so i wont proc. Scholar on every single hit...

Leadership or Firebrand.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

1. Should i invest on Assasins till which Crit chance % ? should i go Berserkers after the cap or just run all Berseker or all Assasins? I get very doubtfull on this one and personaly i would prefer to have 100% crit uptime, but would that means a lower dps or not?

Go berserkers weapons and armor, commanders trinkets from Living World Season 3.

Judging from your question I'm not sure you understand our role in the current fractal meta. Chrono is next to druid the main support and distortion provider for T4 fractals and challenge modes.

There is no damage mesmer build for high tier fractals. The ramp up time of phantasms combined with low utility and splash damage makes a mesmer damage build a huge strain on a 5 mann group. You will get kicked from just about most groups.

EDIT: here is the quantify fractal chrono build: https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/mesmer/fractal-chrono-quick-guide/ . While their stats dristribution is optimised, I personally prefer running a more multirole friendly setup. As mentioned along the lines of berserker weapons and armor with commander trinkets.

@KeoLegend.5132 said:oh so if i want to be a DPS class on those contents will i be out of the groups? I never liked to Support :pwhat about Mirage? Is Condi Mirage DPS good or just half-good

Going to quote myself:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Condi mesmer is not part of the fractal meta.

Support power chrono is.

This applies to Mirage as well. You might get taken along on some of the more relaxed T4 pug groups, but you are definately not in the upper delta where people will be looking for you (on top of the fact that they will keep asking for you to go chrono, which if you refuse might lead to a kick as well).

No mesmer damage build is part of the fractal meta at this time.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:oh so if i want to be a DPS class on those contents will i be out of the groups? I never liked to Support :pwhat about Mirage? Is Condi Mirage DPS good or just half-good

Going to quote myself:

Support power chrono is.

This applies to Mirage as well. You might get taken along on some of the more relaxed T4 pug groups, but you are definately not in the upper delta where people will be looking for you (on top of the fact that they will keep asking for you to go chrono, which if you refuse might lead to a kick as well).

aightconsider i'll be using 2 sets. If i go Power Chrono i'll be there main for Support Quick/Ala. In that cases, is Exotic gear enough? or do i need Ascended to be optimal? Its like i invest more on a personal power DPS build for other contente and leave na exotic set with Firebrand/concentration/commander for supporting high-end content

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Going to quote myself:

Support power chrono is.

aightconsider i'll be using 2 sets. If i go Power Chrono i'll be there main for Support Quick/Ala. In that cases, is Exotic gear enough? or do i need Ascended to be optimal? Its like i invest more on a personal power DPS build for other contente and leave na exotic set with Firebrand/concentration/commander for supporting high-end content

Unfortunately for T4 fractals (76-100 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists), full ascended (weapons and armor too) is required due to agony resistance (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance).

This has nothing to do with stats or performance but is a strict lockout based on the agony mechanic.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Going to quote myself:

Support power chrono is.

Unfortunately for T4 fractals (76-100
), full ascended (weapons and armor too) is required due to agony resistance (
).

This has nothing to do with stats or performance but is a strict lockout based on the agony mechanic.

For Fractals 40 is Exotic Support Chrono or Ascended Power DPS Chrono enough?

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@KeoLegend.5132 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Going to quote myself:

Support power chrono is.

Unfortunately for T4 fractals (76-100
), full ascended (weapons and armor too) is required due to agony resistance (
).

For Fractals 40 is Exotic Support Chrono or Ascended Power DPS Chrono enough?

Check out the agony resistance link that Cyninja posted. Note how much agony resistance is needed to negate the damage at different levels, then calculate how much you can get on your gear.

Ascended weaps and accessories are easy to get. LWS3 = all accessories needed. Armor is the expensive one ehh. You can get the shield from collection. An ascended sword than is not bad to make and you can also get that via Caladbolg after HoT story is done. That being said, you should prob build INTO t4 fractals anyways if you have no experience that more than anything will be meh. There's plenty of groups and loot before it where you can mix exotic.

For Power Mesmer, its important to remember that your Phantasms do no inherit your % Crit Chance, but rather your actual Precision stat, so don't use Sigil of Accuracy, instead use Force and Air.

I aim for 60% Critical Chance prior to food, and use the cheaper butternut curry that brings Precision + Ferocity to achieve exactly 65% critical hit chance. Your phantasms will receive Spotter + Banner buff and have permanent Fury, so they will cap to 100% crit, which is what you want for Superiority Complex.

This can be achieved by mixing Berserker and Assassins stats to achieve the right threashold. For me, this was Assassins Armor and two Assassins rings, and the remainder was full berserker with scholar.

I cannot speak to fractal viability, but every raid boss in the game can be cleared well with this build, save for Deimos in which it is really not recommended unless your group is comfortable with you simply never going down and just sticking to constant boss dps.

Its extremely Meta for my KC group to bring one or two power Mesmers, as they simply excel at that fight by bringing just enough damage to 1 phase KC while also providing significant back up utility for emergency break bars, blink to cover the 3 circle split, and and easy survivability to never be downed during the fight to chip damage like Weavers sometimes do.

@LeSavage.1359 said:Commander weapons and set+amulet, berserker trinkets. This way its more alt friendly. Putting support runes in zerk set is a waste, in case u want to swap gear for elementalist/reaper, also u wont have to infuse 2 pair of rings

I respectfully disagree. Assuming the first sets made are not ascended, it's way more practical to get 2 sets of exotic berserker armor instead of making an exotic set Commanders. Then once you are ready to upgrade to ascended commander, salvage the exotic set with Black Lion Kits to retrieve the support runes (especially in case of Leadership runes). Balance builds via trinkets.

The main reason this setup is easier is due to:

A.) very easy access to berserker exotic gearB.) easy access to multiple different stat trinkets via Living World Season 3 maps

If the first set of armor is ascended, yes that can be Commander, since getting an exotic berserker 2nd set is easy.

To like or not support role: think about it as learn-to-play challenge, both as mesmer player and as fractal do'er. Join a (or the) fractal guild if that helps to find dedicated fractal do'ers. Not all daily do'ers know how to do fractals the right way - I have seen total fails.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@LeSavage.1359 said:Commander weapons and set+amulet, berserker trinkets. This way its more alt friendly. Putting support runes in zerk set is a waste, in case u want to swap gear for elementalist/reaper, also u wont have to infuse 2 pair of rings

I respectfully disagree. Assuming the first sets made are not ascended, it's way more practical to get 2 sets of exotic berserker armor instead of making an exotic set Commanders. Then once you are ready to upgrade to ascended commander, salvage the exotic set with Black Lion Kits to retrieve the support runes (especially in case of Leadership runes). Balance builds via trinkets.

The main reason this setup is easier is due to:

A.) very easy access to berserker exotic gearB.) easy access to multiple different stat trinkets via Living World Season 3 maps

If the first set of armor is ascended, yes that can be Commander, since getting an exotic berserker 2nd set is easy.

I was tallking about full ascended, for fractals etc. You have to put support runes in ascended armors, so better to do it with suport stat type and keep berserker trinkets with infusions, so u can swap it for alts. This way u need just one set of ascended jewelry and separate zerk armors /e scholar +zerk weapons and dps sigils and commander armors /w leadership + commander weapons one with sigil of concentration. This is what i do to play with alts. I do it this way- zerk/viper sets heavy/leather/cloth, commander cloth for chrono, magi/cleric for ele healer. All ascended. This way i enjoy every spec and every build (some are not otimal but it still works fine). Ascended shield from hot collection, sword from pof, change stat in mystic forge to commander.

lol. I think some people here is overestimating T4 Fractals. I do daily fractals with random LFG Groups on my thief, and it goes smooth and fast. I dont know what an upper delta group is for fractals, I don't even know if they should exist lol. I can say fractals is really easy to do when you know the mechanics, and you know your class, and you know what you want to use to help your team. I'd say every class should support each other in a group. There are fractals stages that I rather bring traps and aoe skills along with staff to clean adds faster, there are others I use my power build dps only to down bosses faster, and use my almost perma evades + swiftness to ress someone fast when it is needed or to keep me alive so people wont have to worry about ressing me all the time. Today I made fractals and there was a chrono in a my group who did die all the time, 1 specific fractal stage we pratically 4-man it at the boss since this person died really early and at that time it was better for the group dps than ress'ing. but hey, maybe we are part of the pug groups who have fun doing sucessful, smooth, fast fractals and even don't mind bring new, not so experienced people in. And just to add, I am only playing gw2 for 2 months. I think whoever kicks others from groups or just leave group like if they are a king who can't fail once are just toxic people who don't know how to play with others or just aren't good enough to try to overcome a moment of difficulty.

Ive played other mmos and one thing I like about gw2 is that people in here are nicer, helpful and more supportive than in other games I've played. I hope it remain like this. And I always thought mesmers in this game are the nicest people ever, when they aren't doing (spamming) things for tips around the maps ;).

The only things that are really required for fractals are: Agony Resistance (what you can reach as long as you get ascended gear to socket infusions in), Potions, Food and if possible fractals masteries. Get to know your class well, if possible, start from lower tiers to learn gradually the mechanics, find the build that suits you more and what can you change when it is necessary to support your group. (what any class should do).

@OlsenSan.2987 said:lol. I think some people here is overestimating T4 Fractals. I do daily fractals with random LFG Groups on my thief, and it goes smooth and fast. I dont know what an upper delta group is for fractals, I don't even know if they should exist lol. I can say fractals is really easy to do when you know the mechanics, and you know your class, and you know what you want to use to help your team. I'd say every class should support each other in a group.

Good for you. I've been doing fractals since 2 weeks after their very initial released. Yes, I have no problem finishing T4 on any class or do challenge modes.

Unfortunately, not every player has the same skill level or experience and as far as desired builds go, people get picky in T4. I've also seen a huge gap in skill level from players in T4.

There is nothing wrong with recommending useful and desired builds for T4, especially for inexperienced players who have to ask such a question in the first place.

Archived