Halloween Bugs

Many long-standing bugs have still not been addressed.

• Mad King moves UP to a higher platform in Ascent to Madness, making it impossible for some players to fight him, as you can only move up via waypoint which requires everyone to be ooc.
  • Mad King is invisible for first segment of Mad King Says event.
  • Possible to lose Clocktower due to timer running out. Should not start if there is not enough time to finish (or just remove timer to begin with).
  • Ascent To Madness final chest can sometimes not be looted, denying players the full reward for the dungeon. Run still counts toward diminishing returns, though.
  • Falls necessary to progress in Ascent to Madness can cause so much damage that there is no safe route for some players, depending on class/traits/stats.
  • Chest for Viscount does not autoloot.
  • Diminishing Returns in Ascent to Madness will sometimes refuse to reset until daily reset.
  • Can't kick people when they are not actually joining instance due to vote threshold reflecting number in party, not number in instance (general bug).
  • People in party can be routed to multiple instances of Ascent to Madness. Combined with previous bug, can make it impossible to reorganize.
  • Drooburt can take ALL candy corn in inventory when you gift him some, while only crediting you for how much you were selected to give him.
  • Can only receive key fragments from Mad King Says once per day, even if you receive less than the 3 key maximum in that round. This makes completing a key for that day impossible.
  • Final jump for clocktower can fail even though player visibly makes it. Appears to be due to ping/desync (players see themselves making it, server thinks they missed).

The clock tower can also get out of sync, making it impossible to complete the puzzle. Ahhh, you added this after I read the initial post. It's easy to identify if you're in such an instance though. If that first platform that explodes out right at the bottom lags or stutters, you have a bugged instance.

First of all, thank you to the OP for making this thread.

I would like to add:

• Mad King's voice often distant/muffled or even completely inaudible during Mad King Says in LA (sometimes his command does not play, so you always have to keep an eye on the text chat and the UI), as well as some of his phrases in Ascent to Madness (for instance "...a lesson in obidience." - even when I turn the volume all the way up, I still can't make that one out except for in the text chat).

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

• Falls necessary to progress in Ascent to Madness can cause so much damage that there is no safe route for some players, depending on class/traits/stats.

How can that be, when fall damage is always determined by percentage, not by a set health number? Besides, once you know the safe route(s), this shouldn't pose a problem.

• Can only receive key fragments from Mad King Says once per day, even if you receive less than the 3 key maximum in that round. This makes completing a key for that day impossible.

This must be an occasional bug, though, as it never happened to me (I sometimes ran late for his arrival and finished up on the next run of the event).

Some of these are indeed longstanding bugs. Some not.

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

• Mad King is invisible for first segment of Mad King Says event.That's not so much a bug as a limitation of how well the game can render everyone's shiny skins and allow for something new to show up with a lot of animation. It seems to be intended design: new stuff takes a bit longer to load (as opposed to writing special code for MKT). Be nice if it were changed, but I don't think it's all that critical.

• Possible to lose Clocktower due to timer running out. Should not start if there is not enough time to finish (or just remove timer to begin with).What is "enough time"? Some people can finish it very quickly.

• Falls necessary to progress in Ascent to Madness can cause so much damage that there is no safe route for some players, depending on class/traits/stats.What falls are necessary to progress it? There are no classes that cannot walk down safely.

• Chest for Viscount does not autoloot.That seems to be intended, since you can only loot it 1x/day. (The lich's chest seems to work the same way.)

• Diminishing Returns in Ascent to Madness will sometimes refuse to reset until daily reset.I think this is a misnderstanding about how DR works for dungeons rather than a bug. (To be fair, ANet has never wrote down its rules of thumb for DR, so it's hard to know what applies when or where and for how long. The wiki does its best to clarify.)

• Can't kick people when they are not actually joining instance due to vote threshold reflecting number in party, not number in instance (general bug).Not a bug. The vote is designed on party size, nothing to do with who is where.

• People in party can be routed to multiple instances of Ascent to Madness. Combined with previous bug, can make it impossible to reorganize.The first part sounds like a bug worth fixing; the second ... I'm not sure why you can't reform the group.

• Drooburt can take ALL candy corn in inventory when you gift him some, while only crediting you for how much you were selected to give him.Are you sure it's not being deposited back to bank? I haven't been able to replicate.

• Can only receive key fragments from Mad King Says once per day, even if you receive less than the 3 key maximum in that round. This makes completing a key for that day impossible.Yeah this is a really annoying bug.

Archived