Balance game around a 3v3 gamemode

Clipzy.9483

This idea would help to balance 2s a bit while also helping to balance normal node wars.One of the main issues that had been plaguing this game has been here since I would say a bit before heart of thorns.... the second condi buff they had added.

The devs wanted more build variety but they made it to where majority of the game was forced into one direction. They either would have a bunker style condi meta or a power creep one shot meta.

The idea is that They could bring down condi damage. Then start to slowly take sustain down until condi damage isn’t higher than power damage over time. The thing is. They cannot be equal because power won’t have as high of uptime as condis can.There also was the issue that because they had the power creep with condi damage they were forced into giving more and more ways to condi cleanse. This still could be worked around with easy changes that wouldn’t pull too much from the builds.

Now I understand many people enjoy condi builds. But listen, I am not saying make condi builds not viable. I’m just trying to say to tone them back a little and to also tone back some of the tank ones. This way instead of buffing power based damage which would cause one shots all across the board again, they could have power have a bit more of a impact putting it more on scale with condi.

That and these changes wouldn’t even be hard to implement. They could just change the damage quotient on toughness and condition damage on gear sets.

Of course this prolly is a biased opinion that might not get very many likes and prolly ignored for the most part, but I thought I’d just add my 2 cents in

I don't get your reasoning.

Power Burst meta would suck the life out of this game. Conditions as much as people complain is not meta and it's damage overtime justifies all the reasons why they are allowed to be tankier.

If one condition build overperforms in every way, there'a a lot more to consider than just it being condition.

Knight Power Rangers were the best example of that, the amulet allowed all their REALLY good tools to cover even more while the pet could do the work, this is still kind of a problem and they have hit Paladins in the past for it.

Also there's other factors such as player understanding over all the modifiers this game has, at peak gameplay some classes are extremely impervious during a set amount of time that needs to be deciphered by typically waiting it out which is a viable strategy given the game is cooldown based, tools come into play at that time.

While I agree that conditions are sustain ought to be reigned in, I don't see what this has to do with Death Match.Both are too much in any kind of PvP.

If Circle Quest, which always is playable, can't even get a attempts at proper balance, I can't see Death match, which only is available for a short time every few months, getting a balance patch.

@Shao.7236 said:I don't get your reasoning.

Power Burst meta would suck the life out of this game. Conditions as much as people complain is not meta and it's damage overtime justifies all the reasons why they are allowed to be tankier.

If one condition build overperforms in every way, there'a a lot more to consider than just it being condition.

Knight Power Rangers were the best example of that, the amulet allowed all their REALLY good tools to cover even more while the pet could do the work, this is still kind of a problem and they have hit Paladins in the past for it.

Also there's other factors such as player understanding over all the modifiers this game has, at peak gameplay some classes are extremely impervious during a set amount of time that needs to be deciphered by typically waiting it out which is a viable strategy given the game is cooldown based, tools come into play at that time.

I agree but condi shouldn't also be that bursti as burn dh and condi Thief (it's not as extreme as dh is) are.

PS knight Amulett wasn't that big of a thing as cavalier was on Ranger