More rewards for WvW ranks? Permanent Dolyak Finishers and new Commander tag icons — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

More rewards for WvW ranks? Permanent Dolyak Finishers and new Commander tag icons

Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭✭

During the first and only WvW season, participants were awarded limited-use versions of the following three finishers:

That first and last WvW season was 8 years ago, and I don't think we'll be getting any in the future. PvP ranks have unique finishers every time you complete a tier, so what if WvW starts getting permanent finishers as well?

WvW ranks are divided in seven tiers: Normal, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Mithril, and Diamond. Each tier would award a permanent dolyak finisher upon completion. The first three levels can use the original ones, and the following three/four can follow the same model (a dolyak on a pedestal, of the same material as the tier). Producing these finishers wouldn't be a huge endeavor, and give WvW ranks an extra layer of flavor.

Additionally, it would be nice to get new commander tag icons as well, locking purchase behind WvW rank or other activities. Catmander was pretty popular, and it's kinda sad we didn't get any more alternate commander tags since its release 4 years ago.

So yeah, two small additions that could give people some incentives to stick around in WvW. Opinions?

Comments

• Sure, I would love to see some.

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2021

Sure, templates already in place, shouldn't be that hard to add.
    But wvw development has been at a stand still for years now....

^ Another derailing post - Anet
    Perma stealth is needed to outrun zergs. - Thieves
    /Stomps Mirage-Scourge-Warclaw, boon ball balance! - Anet
    All Guilds Carried By Boon Ball [BQQN]

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2021

I support the rank finishers suggestion (Which I asked for 4 or 5 years ago)

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

Would like this as well. Would be a nice specific touch to WvW that isn’t used many other places (except doing /gg in some instanced content)

Thank You for the {MEME}