The Beauty of Simplicity.

Tsakhi.8124

Disclaimer: What follows is how I, personally, feel about Guild Wars 2. It is in no shape or form a sum of its parts. That being said, let’s go~!As I wandered around Orr, I found myself enjoying the ride and just gliding to wherever. There are a lot of games that don’t encourage exploration, which is sad; I love the exploration part of this game, it’s soothing somehow. So, I’m an idiot, sometimes, and I go to where I shouldn’t (Level 74 Warrior in a level 80 zone, lol u wut m8?) and, of course, I bite the big one. Back to Fort Trinity I go, then! I found myself laughing at the idle chattering and quirky dialogue. Also, I wanted to test out some new moves, so I go against the lady that you get a hero’s point from. I have found that if I’m a melee character, I am unusually aggressive. I don’t let them a get a hit in or I stun lock them. So, ANYWAY, tried out the new moves, time for more exploring (!). Of course, there HAD to be spiders. I’m gonna light them up! Spider butt sufficiently splattered. Oh, look, a plant node! (Goes to farm it.) I bet I can make something, now! Back to Lion’s Arch. So, long story short: This game offers me a catharsis from the grind of life. I don’t care about metas, the only thing I care about is helping others, learning all I can, and blubber like a Quaggan at selected parts. The beauty of this is game is there is absolutely no hurry to do things. Plenty things to do, explore, and threaten. (Tsakhi Mora threatens Trahearne.) It kind of makes me sad that others don’t find pleasure in the small things, missing the forest because of the trees thing. I apologize in advance if this doesn’t make sense, I haven’t slept yet.

Ok, good for you.To be honest, It's not a big deal to 'find yourself enjoying' an obsolete location like Orr with a warrior, a glider and mounts (you mentioned a ride?). I hate to tell you but when Orr's maps were relevant they could (and did) easily become quite a painful experience for many of us. Would you call your post the Atrocity of Complexity then? Just kiddin'. :p

People do, or did, enjoy those things. You gotta realize it's a 5 year old game too and many people have explored everything. As a new player, especially if you're a casual player, this game has an absurd amount of content and exploration. However, once you've been playing for a while you can't.. re-explore really lol. That feeling is hard to get back once you've done everything a few times.

A lot of people don't care about the exploration, either. They play for the collections, or self-gratification for completing a hard raid or dungeon, or whatever else. This game has a lot to offer, and exploration is only one part of it.

Anyway, don't mind any cricisms to your playstyle. Lots of people play just like you. You do you. Everyone would be a lot happier if they just focused on what they enjoy instead of what others might enjoy <_<

Actually, I'm also the kind of player who prefers to just randomly do stuff in the game on a whim, rather than adhering to some sort of schedule for grinding in order to maximise efficiency. I actually have a friend in the game, and sometimes we just take long walks together with our characters in some of the areas we find appealing, just to look at the sites and talk while we're doing it.

A lot of people mistake us for role players when we do that, which I find funny, but I guess some people just don't understand that for some players, it's nice to simply relax and enjoy the sites in a game every now and then, rather than rushing from place-to-place, trying to kill everything all the time (you also get to see a lot of things you may not have noticed before). Of course, we've had people see us and randomly join us on our walks as well, which is quite fun and often leads to meeting more friends in game.

Archived