Living World with gold, S2 or S3?

OsmoZ.1297

Hello!I've returned to the game after 3 years off, and bought both expansions (HoT and PoF), then after a while I discovered that there are also more expansions that can be bought inside the game, the living world stories. After a month of farming I've managed to save about 250g, which should be almost enough to buy any of the 2 series, so I am wondering: Which of the two should I buy first? Season 2 or Season 3? Which one will offer me more in terms of game time and character improvement (I am a casual player but I don't care much about the story, plus I've already watched videos about both stories so I am not caring about that)?

@OsmoZ.1297 said:Okay, I guess LS3 that is... But one thing bothers me though, is it possible to get all tiers of central tyria masteries without the mastery points from LS2?

Yes

I will add that S2 has a more cohesive story and HoT may not make sense storywise w/o it, but otherwise s3 has more content

@OsmoZ.1297 said:Okay, I guess LS3 that is... But one thing bothers me though, is it possible to get all tiers of central tyria masteries without the mastery points from LS2?

It is possible, just harder. Joining Triple Trouble guild will help with mastery points, Silverwaste JP, Fractal achievements, and other things will get you there.

I just ran all of LS 2 to get the required mastery points though. It also depends on your priorities with mastery points. Missing out on the last Fractal or since legendary weapons take a while missing out on that is no big deal for a while. Auto loot is awesomeness.

If your wanting to follow the story line you need living story 2 then play hot after that get living story 3 then play pof. If you play it out of order the first time you will be a little confused on the story line. If you don't care about the story line then I would get living story three. It has great maps that let you farm for ascended trinkets of any stat. You just need the currency for that map you don't need any gold. It helps you save your laurels big time.

Archived