[Bug] Obstructed! for Necro Shades — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Bug] Obstructed! for Necro Shades

Sefer.9618Sefer.9618 Member ✭✭
edited November 14 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The Necro's Shades cannot do damage anymore when placed on (the edge of) walls/battlement, hills, ramps, bridges and many more. Also the slightest difference in elevation or loss of LoS due to rocks, trees, ... results in "Obstructed! Obstructed! Obstructed!" ... Sometimes staff marks get triggered but don't to damage/effect won't happen, too.

This seems unintended because i.e. Elementalists are still able to do damage with their skills.

EDIT: It's not walls only. The smallest difference in elevation results in "Obstructed!"
EDIT2: Or objects in LoS ...
EDIT3: examples

EDIT4: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14962/scourge-shade-obstructed-on-walls-in-wvw#latest
EDIT5: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7beqvf/patch_bug_thread_7th_of_november_2017/dpin908/?context=3
EDIT6: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7cdj48/scourge_shades_get_obstructed_unless_theyre_cast/
EDIT7: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7crbt0/scourge_shades_getting_obstructed/

<<13

Comments

• stormwings.8329stormwings.8329 Member ✭✭

Its on a necro so is a fearute. The best is when 2 are inside the shade and you activate F2-5 and you see "obstructed" only on 1...
    Probably theres something wrong with "Fixed a bug that could cause this skill's targets to be lost due to proximity between shades or the casting scourge"

• intox.6347intox.6347 Member ✭✭✭

Doing also in pve.

Multiclass WvW player
    We dont need proper balance between game modes, we need more mount skins !

• dzeRnumbrd.6129dzeRnumbrd.6129 Member ✭✭

I am getting this constantly also and I hope it gets fixed quickly because clearing walls is one of our main roles in WvW.

• Bash.7291Bash.7291 Member ✭✭

Honestly I would take the previous targeting issue where overlapping shade/necro would only hit 5 targets instead of 10 over this. It completely breaks the AoE design behind the shade. I have messed around with it, and there are even times where you can cast the shade directly behind the target, and still get an obstructed message. How could the placement for the skill manage to have LoS, but not the actual hit -.-

• BUMP.

It's been a few days and still no official response from Anet.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭

@dzeRnumbrd.6129 said:
    I am getting this constantly also and I hope it gets fixed quickly because clearing walls is one of our main roles in WvW.

Actually That's ele's role since 2012... Dem Meteor Showers...

Darkhaven Platinum Legend (Rank 3978) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 70) - 27,5k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Bjarl of Souls
    Leader of Mërcenaries [Sold]

• Hope this gets fixed soon really cuts down on shade uses

• Azoricus.7409Azoricus.7409 Member ✭✭

And now it seems nefarious favor is also doing something it should not(?). A bit of comunication from Anet would be great. At least a "we're aware of this and looking in to it" post would be nice. As a 95% WvW player that mains necro, this makes me seriously think of starting to raid with another class cause with the shades being obstructed by "blades of grass" we loose a better part of our role in a wvw fight.

• Sefer.9618Sefer.9618 Member ✭✭

Worst thing is that this is happening open field, too... or even if well placed on players as reported by others... Reported on several places but no sign of recognition from ANET... :-(

• seeing obstructed half of the times i have a fight triggers me so hard it better be a bug and not a feature

• Shade are not projectile so can't no reason to be obstructed and shade comp too

• bump. very important for wvw. Thanks for quick fix.

• Kirnale.5914Kirnale.5914 Member ✭✭

Anet please fix it. I can't even bomb down from a wall.

• Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭

Getting a lot of obstructed off shades , not just for walls but hills and slopes in areas too. Please give this attention cause it's getting known and now opponents are positioning to exploit it.

• Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 12

Look at all the scourges bumping the obstructured shades bug, but none of them bump the Path of Corruption one...

hmmmm....

Darkhaven Platinum Legend (Rank 3978) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 70) - 27,5k Achievment Points
    Calamis Fatima / Kawagima / Hanna Flintlocke / Bjarl of Souls
    Leader of Mërcenaries [Sold]

• Kirnale.5914Kirnale.5914 Member ✭✭

@Jeknar.6184 said:
    Look at all the scourges bumping the obstructured shades bug, but none of them bump the Path of Corruption one...

hmmmm....

To be honest I didn't notice it until I read it. (hard to see in wvw blob battle)
    This bug, however, is very noticeable. It's not that people are hiding it.

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭

Can we have official responses from Anet? Is this a bug or another unofficial nerf ? Or do you even cares ? The obstructed in most game mode is really annoying.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

hmmmm....

Thats not we are silent coz of that, we want fixed all and avoid all hate, but most of us getting problems even hit ppl, and in wvw you dont have time to watch if it corrupts 2 or 4. But these 2 problems are big game breackers... one for wvw and other for pvp. Hope that Anet will solve this as fast as they can.

Multiclass WvW player

• It's almost getting to the point of shades being unreliable because of this. It happens even on a slight terrain differential. This needs to be reverted back; otherwise then any and all skills from all other classes that have the ability to hit things on differing terrain also needs to be getting the "obstructed" message as well.

• @Jeknar.6184 said:

hmmmm....

Thats not we are silent coz of that, we want fixed all and avoid all hate, but most of us getting problems even hit ppl, and in wvw you dont have time to watch if it corrupts 2 or 4. But these 2 problems are big game breackers... one for wvw and other for pvp. Hope that Anet will solve this as fast as they can.

Till that post i dont even noticed cos in zerg fight is impossible to see. Crazy thing that looks like it only happen on scourge shades...
    Btw anyone can check if Dhuumfire proc correctly on F2-5 spam

• Harum.2896Harum.2896 Member

This has made me rage quit WvW with scourge several times now. Decide to go back to reaper to test the patch changes till shades get fixed but that just made me rage quit the whole game for now.

Pls fix necros asap.

• Bumping the thread so it doesn't get buried

• Jaya.2760Jaya.2760 Member ✭✭

Another weird behavior: I can hit canons on walls with my shades and F-skills(but the person using that canon is obstructed), but oil is always obstructed.

The path to perfection is always the path of learning. The thing you must be sure off is to know who the teacher is.

• @Jaya.2760 said:
    Another weird behavior: I can hit canons on walls with my shades and F-skills(but the person using that canon is obstructed), but oil is always obstructed.

Even if you place the shade behind a corner or pillar and you slightly cover yourself it's gonna say "obstructed"

• Lexan.5930Lexan.5930 Member ✭✭✭

I hope this gets fixed soon cuz attacking walls and even camps is a real pain with all this "obstruction" stuff.

pvp is a real pain to if i want to hide behind a pillar and plink mid

Deserves to be pushed

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

ANet seems to fix only necro bugs, that gives us some advantage, like that doubled boon conversion or too much damage here and there. But nothing that prevents us from making damage,

Praise Joko!

@Galmac.4680 said:
    ANet seems to fix only necro bugs, that gives us some advantage, like that doubled boon conversion or too much damage here and there. But nothing that prevents us from making damage,

yeah, looking for that patch note, double corrupt fixed.... about this they dont care, not even something like "we working on it" .. " or its feature, get used to it" ...
    they just fix double corrupt coz bigger cry river from pvp.

Multiclass WvW player

• khamsin.6709khamsin.6709 Member
    edited November 14

still no Anet comments on this? marvelous.....
    edit: just noticed that this post have only been here for a week, so I guess I should give them some slack, one question tho, why fix the corruption bug and not this?

• Swadow.6213Swadow.6213 Member ✭✭

@khamsin.6709 said:
    edit: just noticed that this post have only been here for a week, so I guess I should give them some slack, one question tho, why fix the corruption bug and not this?

I will give you a hint, it is because of which benefits whom.

Looks like invisible topic.

BUMP

Multiclass WvW player

• Lanthun.7251Lanthun.7251 Member ✭✭

I experienced this first-hand last night in, in fact, WvW when I was taking out a cannon on an enemy keep. Here's to hoping we can get a response! (Oh Gaile, come out come out where ever you are!)

Teacher, gamer, uncle, etc..
    Devils Remorse, lvl80 MP257 Scourge (filthy)
    Phantom Moon [PM] GM/Founder

• I guess the only way to get it noticed around here and get a reply is if you post about kittens (actual kittens) or in all caps tell them that you can't buy gems...

• @khamsin.6709 said:

The post is here till the same evening of the balance patch (and its not the only 1 about this problem) but the only 1 that cant see it is anet...

daily push

@khamsin.6709 said:
    I guess the only way to get it noticed around here and get a reply is if you post about kittens (actual kittens) or in all caps tell them that you can't buy gems...

true story, i saw that topic with picture of cat sit before monitor, yeah its so hillarious, it get response from anet in 2 days, here 13 days with important bug, nothing.

Multiclass WvW player

• Predator.1398Predator.1398 Member ✭✭

Elemental Core in Snowblind fractal is "Obstructed" to all the damage from shades. This is so "great" for party with three scourges.
    This bug requires fix ASAP, Anet.

@Predator.1398 said:
    Elemental Core in Snowblind fractal is "Obstructed" to all the damage from shades. This is so "great" for party with three scourges.
    This bug requires fix ASAP, Anet.

daily bump, still no answer.

Multiclass WvW player

• daily bump

• This needs to be fixed... pretty please? Makes shades useless in anything but perfectly level terrain

<<13
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.