[Bug] Obstructed! for Necro Shades

Sefer.9618

Nothing on this issue on the new patch and the shades are still obstructed. Why doesnt this BS surprises me? The lack of communication from anet on this (and other issues) is simply appaling :s

Then again, poor anet they must be so full of work with all the fractals and raids bug fixes/polishes that they cant even spare a moment to look into something that completely brakes the scourge elite.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Azoricus.7409 said:Nothing on this issue on the new patch and the shades are still obstructed. Why doesnt this BS surprises me? The lack of communication from anet on this (and other issues) is simply appaling :s

Then again, poor anet they must be so full of work with all the fractals and raids bug fixes/polishes that they cant even spare a moment to look into something that completely brakes the scourge elite.

But on cat picture was answer in 2 days :D They dont care..... if it makes double dmg... nerf will be in few days.....

@Sefer.9618 said:Forum Moderator.2781 8:35PMWe have removed your off-topic comment. You are welcome to report a bug in the Bugs Subforum. Thanks for understanding.

Hope I got their attention now :P

Nah, moderator is only police bot, some dude just checking if its relevant to topic / section... or not against rules... they dont care what we talk about...

@intox.6347 said:

@Sefer.9618 said:Forum Moderator.2781 8:35PMWe have removed your off-topic comment. You are welcome to report a bug in the Bugs Subforum. Thanks for understanding.

Nah, moderator is only police bot, some dude just checking if its relevant to topic / section... or not against rules... they dont care what we talk about...

Damn, was worth a try :D

@Sefer.9618 said:

@intox.6347 said:

kitten, was worth a try :D

Yeah, i was thinking about that too, like make topic "Look what my cat do when i play GW2" or "FUNNY cat video, all asuras must see" then put some nonsense offtopic picture crap and link to this topic. But it will be deleted without noticing ... they are fast only in deleting crap, not solving problems.

@Sefer.9618 said:Starting to believe this will never get fixed. Else we would have gotten an answer already :-(

Yeah, acting like 14 years kid which broke something.... remain in silence... and problem will dissapear ... soon or later.Doesnt matter that necro is most talked/ viewed profession (in profession section) And this topic is also most viewed in bug section.

The worst thing is that noone come here to say that the skill is bugged or that they want the skills works this way. There is not any information in previous patches about a bug fixed around this skills, so a bit more information from someone of anet would be nice.

@alex.3721 said:The worst thing is that noone come here to say that the skill is bugged or that they want the skills works this way. There is not any information in previous patches about a bug fixed around this skills, so a bit more information from someone of anet would be nice.

Keep complaining about it until they either fix it, or acknowledge it. It's unacceptable that bugs like this go on for so long.

Some update from the CS ... So ANET stealth nerfed changed* it and didn't mention it. Hope I am allowed to post this answer?

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support! Upon further investigation, it appears that the mechanics you're referring to are not the result of a bug. The "obstructed" messages are the result of an intended change. Though, there are often changes that are reverted due to player feedback. I see there's already some discussion going on the forums, so this would be the best outlet to continue post suggestions and concerns about recent Necromancer changes.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

@Sefer.9618 said:Some update from the CS ... So ANET stealth nerfed changed* it and didn't mention it. Hope I am allowed to post this answer?

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support! Upon further investigation, it appears that the mechanics you're referring to are not the result of a bug. The "obstructed" messages are the result of an intended change. Though, there are often changes that are reverted due to player feedback. I see there's already some discussion going on the forums, so this would be the best outlet to continue post suggestions and concerns about recent Necromancer changes.

Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.

Oh that is just bullshit. There is seriously no way that this is intended behavior when if there is a small ledge between you and the enemy the shades AND you get obstructed. It seems that whoever answered it had no idea what the issue actually was.

@Sefer.9618 said:Some update from the CS ... So ANET stealth nerfed changed* it and didn't mention it. Hope I am allowed to post this answer?

So, how many ppl need to come here and complain in order for they to acknowledge that this is breaking an entire elite/profession across all game modes? 100? 1.000? 10.000? if that is the case then we best start getting all of our guildies and friends in-game to come here and call BS on them. Then, they might consider reverting the change they made cause it's plain and obvious that they have no clue on how to fix this debacle without full reverting it.

Shame on you Anet for not solving this yet and even more shame on you for not getting one of your employees ,that can speak for the company, to come here and at least make a mea culpa.

Well, I'm not ready to give up on this one just yet. If it's feedback and suggestions they want, let's give them that.

Looking back at the patch notes from November 7th, it's plain to see that all this obstructed nonsense started when they "Fixed a bug that could cause this skill's targets to be lost due to proximity between shades or the casting scourge" on the Manisfest and all of the sand shades skills. TBh, idk wth they are talking about cause I never experienced this bug. So, Anet programmers, you may want to start looking into that "fix" cause I bet that's where the problem is.If this problem is not related to that fix, then it might be related to another sneaky fix/nerf Anet made and didn't told players about it. warning: conspiracy theory incoming. One reason to nerf the scourge this way might be because of all the payers complaining about it being too OP. Just browse the forums, after the release of PoF and you'll find all manners of threads about it, particularly, in the spvp and the wvw forums. Those threads where you found players complaining "oh the shades are so OP , the amount of damage is so OP, the barrier is so OP", etc... Please, the Necro/scouge is one of the lowest mobility classes in this game if not THE lowest. Just equip a range weapon (every class has at least one) and kill'em from afar while kitting them and their shades. If they use the small shades just step aside, if they use the big one, dogde (pro tip there, eh). if u die cause ur trying to kill a scourge with melee weapons while inside of a shade, then the problem is not the necro or the shade's power. It's clearly a L2P issue from your part. This being said, i didn't see a problem with the shade mechaninc as it was, and that's not because I main necro (inb4 some1says "u just say that cause u main necro"). I say the same about the deadeye malice mechanic and Death's Judgement and i don't play thief. It's fine as it is designed in the 1st place, u just need to learn how to counter it, even if it means that u have to run away to disengage. The thief sacrifices a lot for that kind of op damage for what I can gather, and so does the necro: no secondary health pool (like from the reaper's or core shroud), no number2 reaper's shroud for a small evade or gap closer, the utilities all have to revolve around the scourge elite if u want to take full advantage of it, meaning u loose a few survivability utilities from the other specs. And don't come here saying that the barrier is OP. With the decay timer being so fast and with the amount of damage flying around, especially on WvW, the barrier usually have little to no impact on your or your party's survivability.

OK, back on topic. hopefully I managed to convince that the shade mechanic didnt need a nerf. So what can Anet do to fix this? 1) u can make all pve, spvp and WvW maps plain and flat, with no elevations, no obstacles, devoid of all "things", you can even paint it rainbow colour, i don't mind. Then there would be no more "obstructed" and problem fixed #sarcasm. if that is not realistic then 2) simply revert to where the shade mechanic was before the nerf. In my perspective, the problem does not lie with it, as I said above. There are all sorts of OP builds out there and (almost?) every class has at least one, and this can be arguably seen as balance.

so TL;DR: REVERT IT IF U CAN'T FIX IT!

That was their answer so for them everything is ok... Sad thing is that was too hard to give and answer on the forum. The time to write that here and the time to write to sefer was exactly the same but yeah... anet style...Theres for sure something about "Fixed a bug that could cause this skill's targets to be lost due to proximity between shades or the casting scourge" but if they revert that than well not be able to put barrier on more than 5 ppl if they are stuck in 1 place (maybe... i still cant understand what that fix means). The kitten thing is F1-5 work on allies that are in the same place of the things that you cant hit cos they are obstructed.

Btw anet here your intended change:21naeTt.jpgIt definitely works as intended right...

I doesn't make sense why he shades have a hard time attacking targets. If there is a rage check needed between the shade and the necro and "that" check is obstructed due to terrain then anet needs to fix it's programming, because as far as i know engineer turrets don't have that problem since the attacks originate from the turret location. So if shades work by the attack originating at the necro and then being transferred to the shade linearly via shadow step mechanics (or similar) then anet needs to change the programming.

Make the pathing to an absolute value on a plane above the terrain for range checks.

Archived