[Bug] Obstructed! for Necro Shades

Sefer.9618

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Jukens.1693 said:Necro bug = maybe a "fix" in a few months.

Maybe its a step-a-fix to try and kill off all the AFK necro MM's plaguing the game these days.. one can only hope!

that dont have nothing to do with minion afk necros... we talking about scourge bugged skill.... and afk mm necros are core or reaper necros :D

Still a game breaking bug. Please hot fix this. This is a Priority 1 bug not a Priority 2 or 3.

At least give us a status update.

If you say "We agree it's a bug and we're going to fix it and put it through the standard testing"

Then I can stop worrying about it and bumping the thread.

If you say "We don't think this is a bug and we're not going to fix it" then we need to know that so we can respond to that.

@maxwelgm.4315 said:Wow can't believe a 1-month old serious bug didn't get the same hotfix as the Dhuumfire "unintended" behavior that they let pass in beta.

even that path of corruption bug when it corrupts 2 more boons was 3 days to fix... but biggest topic here ... and they cant just came here and write any single word.

yeah it makes no sense that i can drop my wells or my marks on a wall and hit targets in wvw, but i cant use my shades there... They used to work correctly and im actually wondering if this is an intended "fix" or just an unfortunate "feature". Can we please get a shade fix since we are being forced into playing scourge anyway? I love reaper but with the current 67% shroud drain it is just not practical and negating half our dps in scourge for targets that are not in direct LOS for the slightest reason (i can drop the shade on the side of the wall but it doesn't effect things on top while my wells and marks do?) just doesn't seem right.

@"trueanimus.4085" said:yeah it makes no sense that i can drop my wells or my marks on a wall and hit targets in wvw, but i cant use my shades there... They used to work correctly and im actually wondering if this is an intended "fix" or just an unfortunate "feature". Can we please get a shade fix since we are being forced into playing scourge anyway? I love reaper but with the current 67% shroud drain it is just not practical and negating half our dps in scourge for targets that are not in direct LOS for the slightest reason (i can drop the shade on the side of the wall but it doesn't effect things on top while my wells and marks do?) just doesn't seem right.

bump

@stormwings.8329 said:

@"trueanimus.4085" said:no word yet from a dev =(

If what is posted on the previous page is true, for anet (and only for them) shades are working as intended cos that change (that is not post in any patch notes) is intended. They are open for feedback but looks like they dont care about any post about this problem...

yeah this is heavy "dont care " situation.... you see many other topics solved, this biggest one... with no info given... dont working skill....but tactic.... let them slowly loose their vision on repairing that skill, it will settle.

I think this is my first post ever in the forums and I have been playing for 4 years. This bug is downright game breaking at points. It is not just the shades but coming off the necro as well. I ran multiple tests on various terrain, from flat ground to slight hills to steep ones and around buildings, stairs etc. This can be replicated repeatedly.

Don't place your shades and just use your F2-F5 skills with mobs right in your face and you will get the obstructed message if you are even slightly elevated or lower than the mobs (I mean literally a slight dip in the ground can cause this). It does happen more frequently coming off the shades than it does your character and it only happens when you have three or more enemies on you. After all this testing all I can say is "Thank goodness that the necro down skills still work properly!" After enemies are down to two left all the skills hit like they are supposed too.

I was really hoping for a change with yesterday's patch but Anet still considering this "feature" as a good thing and don't want to revert back to where the shades were before all this "obstructed" nonsense. Dear Anet devs, what in the world are u waiting for to fix this? It seems every1 but you have already realized that this is completetly breaking the scourge elite.

And now, apparentely the damage from the F5 has been sneaky nerfed -.-

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7jocf7/bug_necro_shades_pathing_bug_still_not/dr99kge/

'ey alls,First off - this issue is one we're investigating and seeking to address.To better explain some of what is going on I need to explain some of the difference between an obstructed and a pathing error.A pathing error is when we try to create a pathing line between you and the point you're targeting and can't find a way to do that. Picture you targeting a point up on a cliff; you've got no way to walk there so you'll get a pathing error.An obstructed error is where there isn't a direct line of sight to the point because there is collision in the way. Picture shooting an arrow at a spot behind a wall, you could potentially walk there around the wall, but you can't shoot the spot because of that pesky wall. Thus obstructed error.In this case what is happening is that your target is the ENEMY near your shade, not the shade itself, who you may not be able to see.An example of why the obstruction requirement exists is that a Scourge being able to drop shades up on keep wall edges and attack anyone standing out of sight up there, shutting down nearly all forms of defense, is not fun gameplay.We'll see what we can do to make it more usable in other situations, but mechanical differences between game modes is not something we are looking for.

OMG! Finaly! Theres some nonsense there but at least they know that theres something wrong... it only took ~40 days for and answer.Like already ppl said here and on reddit necro shade should work like ALL the other AoE skills or ALL the other AoE skills should work like this kitten version of the shades. Rly hope they will go for the first option but never say never...

@stormwings.8329 said:OMG! Finaly! Theres some nonsense there but at least they know that theres something wrong... it only took ~40 days for and answer.Like already ppl said here and on reddit necro shade should work like ALL the other AoE skills or ALL the other AoE skills should work like this kitten version of the shades. Rly hope they will go for the first option but never say never...

Its really bad that they dont answer their own forum, but answer it on reddit...

Also that 40 days for first attempt to say something about it....Still this better then nothing. Now 3 months of patience to let them repair, and all will be good.

@"Sefer.9618" said:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7jocf7/bug_necro_shades_pathing_bug_still_not/dr99kge/

An example of why the obstruction requirement exists is that a Scourge being able to drop shades up on keep wall edges and attack anyone standing out of sight up there, shutting down nearly all forms of defense, is not fun gameplay.

And there, my friends, is where the bowel movement hits the fan. Hey Anet, double standard much?

Why does every other class that have big hitters like the meteor shower's from eles can do insane, I mean really INSANE amount of damage on top of a wall with you out of sight, and the scourges cannot with their shades that, i grant you, are more spammable but have smaller radius and do far less damage per tick?!?!?!?!?

That is not the balance you talk some much about, this is JUST.PLAIN.BROKEN...

@Harum.2896 said:If scourges arent allowed to bomb walls (marks lol), can we also ban meteors, gravity wells etc.

+1 to this, brother/sister!

And shame on you Anet for not adressing this on your own forum. I mean, IT'S YOUR OWN FREAKING FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!! If you use reddit more than your own forum just man up and close this once and for all and send us all to reddit that, on a side note, not every1 of your player base uses it and we shouldn't need to use to get news/feedback or otherwise intereact with you guys because you have our own proper channels.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived