Anet, why nerf the weaker of the viable builds in FB?

Brutaly.6257

In the patch notes you state:"A few firebrand traits are also having their internal cooldowns adjusted to better synchronize with each other."

The way you put it makes it sound nice but in reality you just killed the quickness build, the FB-build that was weaker in almost every aspect.

Why not reduce icd on both traits to 8 and 4 seconds. That would make them synchronized, having them both on 8 seconds make one of them redundant, not synchronized.

Now we are more or less forced to trait for tomes so in reality both the top row and the mid row in FB traits are just for show.

Can you please elaborate in this change. I just dont understand it.

@MichalAniol.5807 said:Ok so I used for some time the seraph stats set and used mostly mid row of FB traits for this build to work. Now I am reading the patch notes and I am like "what the kitten"? It's a niche build, not top tier dps but was working fine.

Yeah this is it. It was a niche build and not competitive but fun and skillbased and now they made it more or less imposible to play.

I seriously dont get this change.

They didn't touch bunker FB sustain whatsoever. In fact, bunker FB has been buffed with the mantra changes (more ally support) and definitely buffed relative to yesterday taking into consideration the nerfs other classes received.

Meanwhile, more offensive FB builds got hit very very hard with that ridiculous overnerf to Stalwart Speed. Thank goodness Anet nerfed the overabundance of FB roamers and duelists that were plaguing the game with their OP builds, AMIRITE?

/s

They should have left Stalwart Speed as is, and simply buffed Liberator's vow to 10s (which is a multiple of 5s). It's not like Liberator's vow and Stalwart Speed being on the same cooldown really makes them synergize any better since Stalwart Speed can be activated by stability (thus decoupling their activations anyways).

I won't even get started on the fact that they somehow neglected to bug-fix Indomitable Courage, didn't buff any of the mantra final charges and didn't change or buff the actual underused traits in FB. Very poor balance patch overall.

@Phat Stackage.5329 said:GG anet. thats the nail in the firebrand coffin. -Disgruntled Guardian Main.

Are you being serious? because this makes no sense. No, we don't like nerfs but FB was and still is far from being in the coffin ...

To be honest, I saw this coming a mile away ... why do you guys think the Sup. Sigil of Rage has a 30 second cooldown on a 3 second Quickness uptime?

Just re-geared, with 80% quickness duration, you start with one charge of the heal, use all three charges on MoP at the same time as the heal. You use the heal every 9-10 seconds and recharge MoP when its off cd and cast all three charges. Fill in with a charge of the elite to let the heal come back to its 1st charge.

The build/gear we have to use is unrealistic in wvw and not competitive in pve.

Basically the setup is dead imo.

EDIT:It can be done with 68% quicknessduration as well.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Phat Stackage.5329 said:GG anet. thats the nail in the firebrand coffin. -Disgruntled Guardian Main.

Are you being serious? because this makes no sense. No, we don't like nerfs but FB was and still is far from being in the coffin ...

To be honest, I saw this coming a mile away ... why do you guys think the Sup. Sigil of Rage has a 30 second cooldown on a 3 second Quickness uptime?

Because mesmers can have 100% uptime with no issues at all!!??

Sorry i dont know why it has such a high cooldown, please tell me.

The quickness build isnt even competitive compared to other firebrand builds so you need to be some sort of genius to see that one coming. Tell me how do you get your insights regarding the nerfs of weak builds?

@Hellios.4108 said:Let me understand this...

They were trying to make the firebrand quickness rotation more consistent but in the process... they destroyed the spec?

That is how i read the patch notes or they did it intentionally but just sugarcoat it. Either way i think we need to hear why this nerf was put in place, it is just odd.

@Brutaly.6257 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

The quickness build isnt even competitive compared to other firebrand builds so you need to be some sort of genius to see that one coming. Tell me how do you get your insights regarding the nerfs of weak builds?

Simple ... Anet doesn't want to give out a 100% quickness to FB. Why that is, I can't tell you, other than I think it's probably 'overdone', as the Sigil kind of hints at that already ... most other on crit sigils have much more frequent or longer effects. I don't think mesmers having 100% quickness really matters to what Anet does on FB's.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Brutaly.6257 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

Simple ... Anet doesn't want to give out a 100% quickness to FB. Why that is, I can't tell you, other than I think it's probably 'overdone', as the Sigil kind of hints at that already ... most other on crit sigils have much more frequent or longer effects. I don't think mesmers having 100% quickness really matters to what Anet does on FB's.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Brutaly.6257 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah but how did you see this nerf coming, do you have some sort of communication with anet where they stated that FB shouldnt have 100% uptime on quickness. Which we still have.

Archived