Black Lion Chests and Crowbar

Shirlias.8104

We defeated 2 elder dragons.We managed to escape from the realm of death.We dared to challenge Palawa Joko, stealing his army in order to deal with Balthazar, the God of War.

The point is, what does stop me from opening a Black Lion Chest with a Crowbar ( or a lockpick )?And I have plenty of em from Verdant Brink.

Let us Crack those damned chests \o

@Rawr.9467 said:Clearly the BLC is the new God of War. You can't hope to defeat the true God of War with but a crowbar.

Who do you think you are? Gordon Freeman?

Apparently Balthazar needed over 100 keys in order to get his outfit and helm from black lion chests.This explains why he was totally mad at Tyria.

@Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:I’m thinking we actually CAN open them with something like a crowbar but the key activates the interdimensional portal that fills the chest with stuff from BLTC’s secret storehouses. Otherwise, they remain empty and we just close them back up again, disappointed.

That's my thinking too. Basically an in-game version of what really happens. The chest is empty until a key is put into the lock, then it's magically filled with items.

That's why you can have a chest from years ago which drops brand new items, and not any of the old ones.

Archived