Quickest ways to gear characters in exotics?

skyline.3286

I've returned to GW2 after a 4 year hiatus. After playing for a month and doing a little research, I've realized that most of my old gear setup is sub-optimal - 3 of my level 80 characters need a complete re-gear. I've settled for gearing them all out in full exotic for now, with the exception of rings, since I know I can get ascended rings quickly from Fractals.

What are the quickest ways to get exotic gear? I'm mostly interested in the core prefixes (berserker, soldier, valkyrie, etc) but would appreciate any info on the new prefixes as well.

I have HoF and PoF. Thanks!

I found that Bladed armor is pretty quick to farm by running events/opening airship drops in Verdant Brink. The chest piece being the exception.

Farming gold and buying from the TP is usually pretty fast too. Just don't search for "Berserker" or else you'll get the very expensive crafted option. Just set the stat filters to Power, Precision, Ferocity (for Berserker gear, for example) to get the named armor set that is usually around 1g per piece.

I would never convert my Karma for the temple exotics unless of course you want the skins, they are just way too expensive. By the time you farm enough karma for a single piece you will have enough gold to buy an entire set. Quickest way is the TP and in order to make gold, do your daily (free 2g for 5 minutes work) and then some world events/metas and possibly fractals if you are familiar with them.

Either craft it (if you have a crafter that has level 400) or buy it from the TP. Most exotic stuff isn't that costly to purchase from the TP, particularly if you search by stats and look for some of the drop gear. And because Ascended uses more of the lower-level materials (and everyone playing on high-level maps means a flood of leveel 80 crafting mats) , the exotic stuff is actually fairly cheap to craft with the exception of medium armor, since leather is the one thing that's not super cheap. Crafting some exotics is also a great way to get a head start on getting your crafter beyond 400 towards 500 if / when you eventually want to go ascended.

Almost all PoF and HoT prefixes are exclusively crafted (armor especially), so if you're even considering going that route now or in the future you'll basically have to level your crafting disciplines. Hopefully you've got some stockpiles of materials saved up from back in the day that you can use to level without needing to buy everything.

@skyline.3286 said:I've returned to GW2 after a 4 year hiatus. After playing for a month and doing a little research, I've realized that most of my old gear setup is sub-optimal - 3 of my level 80 characters need a complete re-gear.

If you only compare gear with core-stats then if your 4-year old gear is suboptimal now, it was suboptimal then. :)

What are the quickest ways to get exotic gear? I'm mostly interested in the core prefixes (berserker, soldier, valkyrie, etc)Buy it from the TP. It costs only "a few gold". If you do not have enough gold, buy gems and convert them to gold.

but would appreciate any info on the new prefixes as well.I have HoF and PoF. Thanks!

Depending on the prefix the ways to get them are quite different. I suggest you read some guides from http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/ .

Archived