Change desperate decoy to desperate midnight

Exciton.8942

The desperate decoy in trait is supposed to help mesmer survive after dropping below 50% health.

However, in reality, it is detrimental to mesmer survival because it interrupts key skills like heal and blurred frenzy. I think I have been killed by this trait way more than being saved. So I have completely given up taking this trait.

My suggestion would be having it cast signet of midnight instead of decoy. The signet skill doesn't seem to interrupt any other skills. The effect strength is also on-par by giving 2sec stealth + blind.

If you remember all these skills were changed to interrupt and stop your current action because frequently it would proc while you hit someone and slap you with a 4s reveal meaning you couldn’t use stealth to escape the obviously bad situation you’re in. I think it is fine as is, the fact all other adept traits suck should be the matter of discussion.

@bart.3687 said:The trait is boring and should be replaced with something completely different imo. Passive stealth procs is not a right way to go.

At the same time passive stab on CC, passive invuln when you get below 25%, passive gain protection and give weakness when hit all need removing.

@apharma.3741 said:

@bart.3687 said:The trait is boring and should be replaced with something completely different imo. Passive stealth procs is not a right way to go.

At the same time passive stab on CC, passive invuln when you get below 25%, passive gain protection and give weakness when hit all need removing.

Yeah, I agree. Passive proc when-struck immunities, stealth etc are simply not interesting traits.

@apharma.3741 said:If you remember all these skills were changed to interrupt and stop your current action because frequently it would proc while you hit someone and slap you with a 4s reveal meaning you couldn’t use stealth to escape the obviously bad situation you’re in. I think it is fine as is, the fact all other adept traits suck should be the matter of discussion.

Or rather, all. Because Desperate Decoy is barely scraping "fine-ish-ish".

It's only appearing to be fine because the competition is so incredibly dreadful.

Then again, I do think that either major or minor traits should be removed game-wide, there are far far far too many traits which are rubbish or only work in tandem with specific other traits, and hence everything would easily fit into just the remaining slots, too.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@apharma.3741 said:If you remember all these skills were changed to interrupt and stop your current action because frequently it would proc while you hit someone and slap you with a 4s reveal meaning you couldn’t use stealth to escape the obviously bad situation you’re in. I think it is fine as is, the fact all other adept traits suck should be the matter of discussion.

Or rather,
all
. Because Desperate Decoy is barely scraping "fine-ish-ish".

It's only appearing to be fine because the competition is so incredibly dreadful.

Then again, I
do
think that either major
or
minor traits should be removed game-wide, there are far far far too many traits which are rubbish or only work in tandem with specific other traits, and hence everything would easily fit into just the remaining slots, too.

I mean I think it’s fine within the context of this discussion, as in it’s fine to interrupt your actions so you don’t immediately remove your stealth and get revealed. As a trait I don’t like it and the rest of the traits in the adept tier are niche at best and at worst absolutely rubbish depending on build so we definitely agree there. I also do not think it should use signet of midnight either as it would allow for passive invuln via blurred inscriptions. I know blurred inscriptions is niche in WvW/PvP but I still don’t want to see the ability to passive invuln even if it needs 2 trait lines of investment.

• 2 weeks later...

@paShadoWn.5723 said:As someone not fond of dying i would prefer Desperate Distortion lets say for 2-3 seconds, to live me through crazy 16k->0 bursts.

This is awful. Passive invulns shouldn't exist period, and as long as they do they need to exist for as short duration as possible. Asking for a passive 2-3 second invuln is just dumb.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:As someone not fond of dying i would prefer Desperate Distortion lets say for 2-3 seconds, to live me through crazy 16k->0 bursts.

This is awful. Passive invulns shouldn't exist period, and as long as they do they need to exist for as short duration as possible. Asking for a passive 2-3 second invuln is just dumb.

How about a 1 second invuln but keep it on the 50% health threshold? The trait has it's uses as I think decoy is a very powerful skill but the distortion thing seems just a tad more interesting.

@Miroe.2054 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

How about a 1 second invuln but keep it on the 50% health threshold? The trait has it's uses as I think decoy is a very powerful skill but the distortion thing seems just a tad more interesting.

How about no? That's adding yet another passive invuln to the game when we need to be taking them all out

Archived