The current meta is unbearable

Honestly, it doesn't even feel like PvP anymore. The leaderboard is full of mindless ventari revs and condi thieves because the game rewards those obnoxious playstyles. Just had a match against two ventari revs, an ele, a druid, and guardian. All they had to do was bunker up on two points and spam knockbacks... Just out-rotate them, right? Ha yeah, good luck with that, kiddo. That's right, I said TWO ventari revs. Try to team fight? LOL they never die because they have so much sustain, and they knock you off the point constantly so you lose points if you try to team fight them. Try to split and outnumber one of them? LOL too bad their team follows you everywhere and prevents that from happening. There literally is no counter-play, so your only option is to embrace the cancer and play ventari rev yourself, which I refuse to do.

And don't even get me started on those wall hacking condi thieves who press one button and load you up with every condi in the game before vanishing behind a wall.

I'm done with this season and this bunker meta. Peace out fam. :)

While it may be difficult to deal with such a bunker heavy team comp, there are ways to get around this.

Firstly, stability is incredibly important when dealing with crowd control- (cc) -heavy teams. There are quite a few sources of stability in game on many classes, so if your class lacks it, ask a teammate for it, or change your class to deal with it.

Next, you have to either out-cap their team, or out-rotate. Hear me out. If 5 people are on one point, you'll easily be able to capture the other two points. If less than 5 bunkers are on a point, your team CAN outnumber theirs if they are willing to cooperate. Simply target the squishiest enemy (ele or the revs are both good targets) and burst at once. Don't bother trying to stomp with so many bunkers around, instead, try to cleave the enemy down, applying poison and giving the enemy team a hard time.Their bunkers will now have to decide whether they want to be sitting targets while ressing, or fight your team while possibly letting a teammate die.

Another option is to have a bulky team yourself. Matchmaking normally puts teams of very similar composition against one another, so if you ended up vs a bunker heavy team, chances are, your team had a bunker heavy team as well. In that case, it's a matter of decision making, timing and outplaying your opponents since the playing field is pretty level.

Finally, you've gotta take a better attitude towards this stuff. Some matches are frustrating yes, but take a break, and then try again. It's not all bad out there, trust me (unless you're the problem).

The thieves are easy to counter... what class are you playing? From your screenname it looks like ele? If that's correct.. you should literally be invulnerable to condi thieves. Are you not running Diamond Skin? I run the build you're angry at... Diamond skin means that 1 v 1...I'm walking away because you could stand still and I can't touch you. If you're angry that they are getting you when they plus 1 another teammate... just worry about the plus one...keep your health above 75 until you can get disengage or get help. If you're running bunker, glue yourself to the necro/guardian.

The ventari revs... not as much, if you get one who's new at it load them up with condi. Yes, 1 is game tilting, 2 on a team is game breaking....hopefully it'll be addressed in the next balance patch.

Archived