PvP / WvW Obsidian Weapon Set

dani.4398

Dear Anet,

Most of the community appreciates your intentions to enhance the PvP and WvW reward system. However, looking at these new 4 weapon models, I can't stop thinking that you failed.Do you really think that people will be interested into grinding PvP and WvW get those weapons?

As a player that enjoys both contents (PvP and WvW) I'd expect some kind of skin that makes it look like I've vanquished and defeated other players. Instead, I'll be working towards looking like a clown.

Consider this, you already had a good weapon set: Mistforged Hero and yet people were uninterested. So do you think these new models will change anything?

I'm sure this isn't only me and that a good amount of players expected something better.

@dani.4398 said:Dear Anet,

Most of the community appreciates your intentions to enhance the PvP and WvW reward system. However, looking at these new 4 weapon models, I can't stop thinking that you failed.Do you really think that people will be interested into grinding PvP and WvW get those weapons?

As a player that enjoys both contents (PvP and WvW) I'd expect some kind of skin that makes it look like I've vanquished and defeated other players. Instead, I'll be working towards looking like a clown.

Consider this, you already had a good weapon set: Mistforged Hero and yet people were uninterested. So do you think these new models will change anything?

I'm sure this isn't only me and that a good amount of players expected something better.

Kind of taste isnt it? In my guilds people like them, so i dont get your point? You dont like? Why we need to know it?

@Xibalbar.7459 said:Kind of taste isnt it? In my guilds people like them, so i dont get your point? You dont like? Why we need to know it?

The new skins are supposed to interest people in the game modes, I feel they are lacking.

I'll give you an example: The new raid wing made me want to raid even more due to how awesome Oblivion Staff skin looks. Some people might not like it, but it doesn't change that fact that it is a weapon that makes other players identify you as someone who has achieved something that is not easy to do. The weapon, liked or not, is imposing, which is what I was hoping to get for PvP / WvW.

And I can understand people liking them, but are you in a guild of 13 year olds?

@"Bullet.9271" said:The sad thing is I was so excited for this set because I thought I was going to FINALLY get my Obsidian Edge back from Guild Wars 1 but with cool team based effects.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_Edge

Guess not.

Yeah that thing was/is cool. If they had just done this as a set people would have been happy I think. A throwback to GW1 as a specialty set to work towards.

@Devilman.1532 said:

@"Bullet.9271" said:The sad thing is I was so excited for this set because I thought I was going to FINALLY get my Obsidian Edge back from Guild Wars 1 but with cool team based effects.

Guess not.

Yeah that thing was/is cool. If they had just done this as a set people would have been happy I think. A throwback to GW1 as a specialty set to work towards.

Maybe they still will. The 4 released ones look like garbage on the hilts but the actual Obsidian bits look like textures Obsidian. Hopefully when the sword is released they dont make it weird too.

@dani.4398 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:Kind of taste isnt it? In my guilds people like them, so i dont get your point? You dont like? Why we need to know it?

The new skins are supposed to interest people in the game modes, I feel they are lacking.

I'll give you an example: The new raid wing made me want to raid even more due to how awesome Oblivion Staff skin looks. Some people might not like it, but it doesn't change that fact that it is a weapon that makes other players identify you as someone who has achieved something that is not easy to do. The weapon, liked or not, is imposing, which is what I was hoping to get for PvP / WvW.

And I can understand people liking them, but are you in a guild of 13 year olds?

Do you try to find arguments instad of attacking the person? It doesnt matte how you feel about the weapons, if you dont like them, dont grind it. No point in your discussion.

@Endelon.1042 said:They really do look like clown weapons. Don't mean to dump on the artist that made them, but they really do just look...bad. The texture quality seems low and the tons of gold triangles just clashes with the actual obsidian part of the weapon. Pretty disappointing :\

I dont want to dump on the artist either. They just aren’t for me and arent what I was hoping for. Disappointed is the right word for me.

@"Xibalbar.7459" said:Do you try to find arguments instad of attacking the person? It doesnt matte how you feel about the weapons, if you dont like them, dont grind it. No point in your discussion.

Are you kidding me right now? My point is:

"THESE WEAPONS WERE MADE IN ORDER TO INCREASE POPULATION IN PVP AND WVW, BUT THEY LOOK SO BAD THAT INSTEAD OF BRINGING PLAYERS, MOST PEOPLE WILL JUST SHY AWAY"

It's in all caps so you can understand now.

Out of 8 people who have posted here, 7 agree that the weapons don't meet the expectations. If you don't agree and you are happy with them, go ahead and go grind for them, while we try to get you something better to grind for.

@Justine.6351 said:

Guess not.

That sword was actually quite poorly done too, but it atleast looked mean.

It didn’t have much depth to it but man, it was sharp. And I put a lot of time in for my Req9 version of it.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_Edge

Guess not.

They should used that design as the basis of the new weapon set. Another classic example how Guild Wars 1 was better lol........

Archived