[Sugg.] Group Several Skirmishes Into Campaigns

Mysteriax.6049

Here's how this idea would work:

• Splits the entire 24 hour day into X number of time blocks of ArenaNet's choice. Each of these time blocks is called a Campaign, with a set number of Skirmishes in it.
  • Each Campaign earns a different set of Skirmish Points. All skirmishes during that Campaign time-block go to different pools depending on the number of Campaigns.
  • The server who has the most skirmish points in that Campaign pool at the end of the week wins that Campaign.
  • The server who wins the most Campaigns at the end of the week is awarded first place. The server who wins the second most number of Campaigns is awarded second place. The server who wins the least number of Campaigns is awarded third place.
  • In the event of a tie between two servers for first place or second place, the server with the most overall Skirmish Points edges out the other server.

Please leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks!

I think what my esteemed jaded colleague is saying above is that our scoring system is one of the more difficult to comprehend for new players and your changes, while looking at first glance might be a little more, (maybe 'fair' isn't the right term) but more representative of different time zone contributions, it would create many more layers to understand over what we currently have,

@"Dawdler.8521" said:When reading this, all I can think is "wait did he just describe the current implementation of skirmishes and tiers???".

It's the same, but would divide each day into NA, EU, SEA, and OCX as 4 different 'campaigns' as far as scoring is concerned.

Which isn't a bad idea, instead of 84 skirmishes, the week would be determined by 28 'campaigns'

It would give each time zone more representation, make coverage more important than population count, and "nightcapping" would essentially only effect 1 of the 'campaigns' each day

@Klipso.8653 said:

@"Dawdler.8521" said:When reading this, all I can think is "wait did he just describe the current implementation of skirmishes and tiers???".

It's the same, but would divide each day into NA, EU, SEA, and OCX as 4 different 'campaigns' as far as scoring is concerned.

Which isn't a bad idea, instead of 84 skirmishes, the week would be determined by 28 'campaigns'

It would give each time zone more representation, make coverage more important than population count, and "nightcapping" would essentially only effect 1 of the 'campaigns' each dayBut... why "campaigns" then? Could just suggest to make skirmishes longer if you want less time slices. Same effect, much simpler idea. Adding another layer that doesnt actually do anything seem pointless.

Also dont even think about combining EU with NA. I prefer a playable game over a constant 300+ ping lagfest, thank you very much.

Hmm? It's not going to be any different than we have now. The campaigns he's talking about would just break the days up into when each time zone plays.
Not like linking NA servers against EU servers (though may be fun) and even if that were the case, we have cloud servers now so the ping would be the same.

Archived