IS ANET GONNA STREAM THE MONTHLY AT !?

Yukio blaster.9082

Pretty sure they leave it to ArenaNet partners to stream. Unfortunately all of the Anet partners are either participating in the tourney themselves and thus can't spectate, or are PvE'ers that don't care.

I keep meaning to apply as a partner myself, but I keep forgetting to do so.

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:This month didnt work out too great as I’m currently hanging out with my family for the holidays. I should be able to throw something together for january though so stay tuned

this will make the player base rage quit the game . cases in points ESL E-sports and unity gaming . that is trying to shove this stuff down the player base throats that is still left , when anet tried this the last time the player base stopped fully playing asp every time it happened :/ . not only that but their are a few things to take in to point and understand that all streamers never get this idea at all !!!

that is this right now in the usa its football and nba and hockey time which lot of the usa watches and is far more interested . to back that point up if you was to look at that guy jebro or what ever his name is that is trying to do this unity gaming junk.

well you see his streams in the last year does not have that many views and honestly is not worth the watching at all !!

it is FOOTBALL BASKETBALL HOCKEY SEASONS !!!!! ;)

@Cal Cohen.3527 said:This month didnt work out too great as I’m currently hanging out with my family for the holidays. I should be able to throw something together for january though so stay tuned

That's would be great, the monthly can get +500 viewers with regular stream.and last month when helseth streamed the monthly it did get a lot more.and i hope now with the official ANET channel streaming it it will get more and more good luck with that ^^.

@yanniell.1236 said:Nah, I'd like Anet to stream the monthly. Right now we got Sindrener's streaming it, and as much as I like his streams, his team is full of try hards and the matches are boring af.

Boring games? We had 2 good games this monthly and sorry if the other games was a pure stomp but we would have to turn off our monitors for them to even score a point

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:

That's would be great, the monthly can get +500 viewers with regular stream.and last month when helseth streamed the monthly it did get a lot more.and i hope now with the official ANET channel streaming it it will get more and more good luck with that ^^.

not going to happen at all you eu peeps really do not get it when it comes to these things . i still remember back when anet tried to force ESL E-sports down the player base mouths . the player base stopped playing every time they did and that is part of the reason as to why ESL Esports failed and walked away from this game never to come back ever again !!! same thing will happen again with those that try it the player base will make it very clear to anet. ;/

@bluri.2653 said:

@yanniell.1236 said:Nah, I'd like Anet to stream the monthly. Right now we got Sindrener's streaming it, and as much as I like his streams, his team is full of try hards and the matches are boring af.

Boring games? We had 2 good games this monthly and sorry if the other games was a pure stomp but we would have to turn off our monitors for them to even score a point

Well, maybe it will be better with the Swiss system. I don't remember correctly, but would be nice if the semi-finals were better of 3 as well, not just the finals.

@yanniell.1236 said:

Well, maybe it will be better with the Swiss system. I don't remember correctly, but would be nice if the semi-finals were better of 3 as well, not just the finals.

dang Swiss play this game too ???? or are they under the EU banner ?????

@Gabbynot.2654 said:not going to happen at all you eu peeps really do not get it when it comes to these things . i still remember back when anet tried to force ESL E-sports down the player base mouths . the player base stopped playing every time they did and that is part of the reason as to why ESL Esports failed and walked away from this game never to come back ever again !!! same thing will happen again with those that try it the player base will make it very clear to anet. ;/

Chill dud we don't care about PVE players watching the monthly or not. but the PVP player base is so hype for this stream and trust me when ANET gonna stream the monthly it will get at least +700 viewers .and stop this pessimism and wait until after the monthly then you can say whatever you went .

@Gabbynot.2654 said:

dang Swiss play this game too ???? or are they under the EU banner ?????

Swiss-system tournament

Although I am pretty sure that you can in fact play Gw2 in Switzerland.

@bluri.2653 said:

That was his point. There were like 2 good games, but the rest were boring sadly. Anet needs to do something to give GW2 pvp better competition... Like better marketing to attract new players and the proper ingame resources to grow them into good pvpers

@"mrauls.6519" said:

That was his point. There were like 2 good games, but the rest were boring sadly. Anet needs to do something to give GW2 pvp better competition... Like better marketing to attract new players and the proper ingame resources to grow them into good pvpers

He said all were boring which is obviously wrong, and theres no way around that we get max two good games each time

@Yukio blaster.9082 said:

@Gabbynot.2654 said:not going to happen at all you eu peeps really do not get it when it comes to these things . i still remember back when anet tried to force ESL E-sports down the player base mouths . the player base stopped playing every time they did and that is part of the reason as to why ESL Esports failed and walked away from this game never to come back ever again !!! same thing will happen again with those that try it the player base will make it very clear to anet. ;/

Chill dud we don't care about PVE players watching the monthly or not. but the PVP player base is so hype for this stream and trust me when ANET gonna stream the monthly it will get at least +700 viewers .and stop this pessimism and wait until after the monthly then you can say whatever you went .+@"mrauls.6519" said:

I'm not even playing the game anymore and I would watch if they could keep matches fast and fun, and even just more visually interesting (Foefire and Niflhel both couldn't have blander colour palettes, and have been around forever... not fun to look at). Kinda bored with conquest, but I'd looove to see stronghold supported.

That said, I very much agree that marketing is needed (even just in-game) to bring in viewers, but I also believe there are roadblocks to making GW2 watchable. I feel like build complexity and the highly variable degree of information that skill visuals provide can make the game feel overwhelming to casually observe. When you look at any MOBA, each character has just a few visually distinct skills, or like in a fighter or an FPS, the mechanics are much simpler to hype and explain to the crowd. You're not relying on your audience to be heavily invested and knowledgeable about the game already, and so it's easier to bring in outsiders. I have to wonder if they'll ever be able to boil these things down so it's a more digestible experience for the casual viewer while remaining a fun and complex game mode for players.

Anyhow, keep up the good work, @Cal Cohen.3527, @Ben Phongluangtham.1065, et al. Still so thoroughly impressed with all the communication coming from your team. I've said it before, but you guys are the heroes we need. ??

@Kalibri.5861 said:Well about stronghold a minority of PVPiers are playing it, but i can see PVE player base playing it for the fun . however for stronghold to be something i hardly see that happening .And about a good marketing that a think that i have been posting about on the forum, but the thing about the maps i think they are okey in general.you saying that the crowd don't understand the skills used and the quickness of GW2 fights that's actually not a issue you can watch DOTA and LOL and both you can't know what actually happening, but still millions of people play them and watch the competitive tournaments. in the same time a good commenting with a slow motion of the highlights that's would help a lot.

Archived