Trouble obtaining Snow Drifter (Annual) achievement.

Hello. I am having trouble getting Snow Drifter (Annual) achievement in Wintersday event. Using my raptor, I always come up short by 1-3 seconds. Every time I attempt the race, I am always 1-3 seconds away from the finish line before the required timer runs out. What advice would you offer to getting this achievement? I been thinking on how to increase my speed, but ...Is there a way to increasing mount speed? Do mounts benefits from any kind of speed boosts, or do they have fixed speed?I don't have raptor's extended leap ability, it's 4th mastery, would that make the difference and allow raptor to be "faster"?

Thank you.

A mistake seen often on a raptor in races is to not know the track and where jumping has benefits.A good example where you can have a huge benefit is kormir high road. But there are two things to keep in mind.1: do not oversave endurance. You should never run with a full endurance bar. When you enter the Kormir High road with 50 endurance, you'll have enough to make two jumps.2: make half jumps if needed. It is good to have 25% endurance at the end of the kormir high road. It really helps to Jump over a bunch of houses after cutting the corner to get more quickly to the portal next to Uzolan's Mechanical Orchestra.3: When going up, make sure you have used your endurance before that, as it is a waste there.

As said, the number 3 mastery is very important. It makes the raptor jump 1600 instead of 800

Very useful, Mercury! I'll add that you can save seconds by just clipping through the green gate post closest to the direction you need to turn. As long as the gate fades and the next one turns green, you've tagged it properly. Learn where the obstacles such as curbs and vendor carts will make you stumble, too, those can hang you up for precious moments if you don't anticipate.

At the very start as you follow Toxx there is a place where it looks like you need to hang a sharp right but in fact need to keep going straight to get to the base of the ramp up to the next gate. Even when I'm in a giant zerg of racers I often find myself in a very small clump of those who knew about rushing ahead across the grass to -then- sharp right up the ramp and that often ends up with me in the top 3 racers or very close thereto.

Archived