Forum question

Sounds as if a thread was closed and hidden. I wouldn't worry about it. (Well except the usual curiosity about why your name was mentioned, but something that happens if you only incidentally commented at the start of the discussion and none of the subsequent posters remembered to edit the original posts to be compact.)

You can disable it, but unfortunately if you're being notified because someone quoted one of your posts and then other people are quoting that (or because they're quoting your original post) you can't disable it just for that topic, it's an all or nothing setting.

But if you want to do it here's how:1) Click your name at the top of the screen2) Click on 'notifications' under your avatar3) Click the little 'headshot' icon drop-down to the left of your avatar and select 'preferences'4) Uncheck 'Notify me when people mention me.'

Alternatively you can (mostly) ignore them. If you click the world icon to view your notifications and don't click any of the links to discussions the little 1 saying you've got a notification will disappear. But if anyone else comments you will still get a new notification.

Archived