Mounts automatically pick up oakheart essences

Been playing through draconis mons with one of my characters. With mounts (springer), much of this map is much easier to navigate (bit of a pity that the skimmer can't go over the water without taking damage).However, one thing I notice is that if I move over an oakheart essence on the mount, when I leave the mount, I now have that instead of my expected combat skills. So instead of attacking the creature, I end up launching myself away from it.If I'm not on a mount, I have to explicitly interact with it to get the effect. It seems sort of wrong to me that on a mount, it happens automatically - especially since it is not an effect I can use on the mount, and even more to the point, an effect I probably don't need because I have a mount.

Actually, I believe this has little to do with the mounts. There are some specific Oakheart Essences that auto-interact and some that don't. That's been a reported issue since the zone was introduced. It was annoying before and it's ... differently annoying now, because, as you say, "it seems wrong... [to add] an effect [we] probably don't need while on a mount."

• 1 year later...

Hmm, more than a year and a half later, this is still an issue.Events with Oakheart nearby are a nightmare. I dodgerolled out of the way of an attack, just to pick this stuff up automatically (not mounted at the time obviously)

I found this topic after searching how to disable auto pickup.So... there is no disable this? It's considered a feature?

And which intern at Anet thought that this was "Handy" ???

I cannot teleport in combat, but I can sure pick up oakheart automatically in combat, or mounted, even when somewhat close,Poor insight and programming on Anet's account.Should be simple to fix, should have been fixed years ago.

What I've experienced with the oakhearts is that you tend to automatically pick them up if you're in the air close to them, even if it's from the tiniest of jumps. I haven't tested specific essences to see if all of them work that way.Edit: After some minor testing it seems that you auto pick up if you enter pick up range while airborne.

• 2 years later...