how 2 level thief? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

how 2 level thief?

getting tired of being blown up by a thief in WvW running back to the fight and decided to make one of my own. Only time I ever played a Thief was a few years ago just messing around in PvP. Just wondering what the best weapon setup is for leveling and should I go power or condi?

Comments

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

For leveling power is generally best. I found sword/pistol to be very effective against mobs thanks to the blind spam on skill 5 + three target cleave for sword instead of dagger's two + pistol whip is an evade that synergizes well with signet of malice heal. Keep short-bow on swap to move around faster. To practice for wvw however, you should try out all sets as they are all pretty decent for roaming though dagger/pistol and sword/dagger are often considered the best.

• Evolute.6239Evolute.6239 Member ✭✭✭

S/P and pistol whip spam
    D/P and auto spam with 3 to chain to targets
    P/P for endless 1v1 but zero cleave, good weapon set to swap to with one of the previous ones for general use

Power all the way

• Dabrixmgp.4758Dabrixmgp.4758 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018

what about at 80? which elite should I unlock first if I mostly wanna roam in WvW and make people cry on the forums? Dont care about PvE at this point since I have better classes for doing open world stuff and Fractals (Condi Mirage, Condi SoulBeast or Druid)

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

Daredevil. Deadeye is hot stinking garbage and a total gimmick basically meant for RP'ers.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DeceiverX.8361 said:
    Daredevil. Deadeye is hot stinking garbage and a total gimmick basically meant for RP'ers.

Leveling a thief with those specs, outside of using Tomes from sPvP reward tracks, won’t really be possible.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

• Aplier.7829Aplier.7829 Member ✭✭✭

@saerni.2584 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Leveling a thief with those specs, outside of using Tomes from sPvP reward tracks, won’t really be possible.

If you look up one comment higher, DeceiverX was responding the OP asking which elite spec to unlock first when he does hit 80.

• saerni.2584saerni.2584 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ah in that case I’ll just flatly disagree with him.

Daredevil and Deadeye are both worth unlocking. Maybe Daredevil first because the expansion is after all, technically first, but Deadeye will be better for ranged focused play so it’s more playstyle dependent.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
    Deadeye (Thief)
    Commandant of P/D and Apex Predator

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.