Weaver Elite: Bugged, clunky and ugly.

Razor.6392

The bugs:

• The attunement reduction is not even working as of last patch.
  • Rune related procs on elite usage don't work since release (both on Elite activation and Tailored Victory).

The clunk:

• Why... why is Tailored Victory a self root? This ability should be usable while moving.

The ugly:

• The bonuses are meh at best, downright boring at worst. There could be many ways to make this elite more exciting, like allowing us to stack bonuses with each repeated attunement (base value would need to be nerfed).

I guess the self root is so that the tell is easier to detect, but there are plenty of other skills with harder tells and even more powerful effects. Gravity Well doesn't root, and it has a longer CC and does way more damage. Oh and you can choose where to place it.

I keep asking myself why so many Weaver skills are self roots. Why does a spec that needs mobility in order to use hard-to-land skills so slow? We have Polaric Leap...and that's it. That's literally the only skill that Weaver has that gives us any decent mobility. And honestly, it's a great skill. I wouldn't change it other than removing the interrupt requirement for superspeed. But then we have Flame Uprising. A puny leap, though it hits farther than it looks and leaves a fire field. Overall a decent skill, but not as good as PL

Part of the mobility problem also comes from the requirement of running Water and Arcane lines for survivability, and also the Attunement CD reduction. Adding condition cleansing and better barrier into Weaver will help with the Water requirement, but there's not much to do about Arcane. Arcane isn't as big of a deal, but it does get in the way of our build diversity.

...Are you listening Karl? Are you actually going to push for good ele changes? You know we desperately need improvements and we've pointed out every single area multiple times, yet every patch delivers nothing helpful. Your customers spent money on this game and are now spending even more time playing it. Give us some quality. It's seriously really easy to make ele good again...just listen to us, and take some chances with our ideas instead of yours or others on the balance team. We have no reason to trust the balance team anymore after last patch. You were so close!

...Anyway...

Being able to spec into air will help mobility, but so will the removal of all self roots on Weaver skills, including Earthen Vortex. Why does a skill with no evade and no hard or soft CC also root you for the full duration? It's pretty obvious which one I'm talking about. Riptide is fine because you can choose where it moves you. Even something like Riptide on literally every other self rooting Weaver skill would be an improve. That's how bad this is.

@Zintrothen.1056 said:I guess the self root is so that the tell is easier to detect, but there are plenty of other skills with harder tells and even more powerful effects. Gravity Well doesn't root, and it has a longer CC and does way more damage. Oh and you can choose where to place it.

I keep asking myself why so many Weaver skills are self roots. Why does a spec that needs mobility in order to use hard-to-land skills so slow? We have Polaric Leap...and that's it. That's literally the only skill that Weaver has that gives us any decent mobility. And honestly, it's a great skill. I wouldn't change it other than removing the interrupt requirement for superspeed. But then we have Flame Uprising. A puny leap, though it hits farther than it looks and leaves a fire field. Overall a decent skill, but not as good as PL

Part of the mobility problem also comes from the requirement of running Water and Arcane lines for survivability, and also the Attunement CD reduction. Adding condition cleansing and better barrier into Weaver will help with the Water requirement, but there's not much to do about Arcane. Arcane isn't as big of a deal, but it does get in the way of our build diversity.

...Are you listening Karl? Are you actually going to push for good ele changes? You know we desperately need improvements and we've pointed out every single area multiple times, yet every patch delivers nothing helpful. Your customers spent money on this game and are now spending even more time playing it. Give us some quality. It's seriously really easy to make ele good again...just listen to us, and take some chances with our ideas instead of yours or others on the balance team. We have no reason to trust the balance team anymore after last patch. You were so close!

...Anyway...

Being able to spec into air will help mobility, but so will the removal of all self roots on Weaver skills, including Earthen Vortex. Why does a skill with no evade and no hard or soft CC also root you for the full duration? It's pretty obvious which one I'm talking about. Riptide is fine because you can choose where it moves you. Even something like Riptide on literally every other self rooting Weaver skill would be an improve. That's how bad this is.

Unfortunate Karl is more interested in mess he did in raids and dps benchmarks...so much that he doesn't know what he nerfs accidentally in pvp/wvw...

Seriously our only hope that by miracle next elite spec will be broken in pvp/wvw...because Karl definitively it's not interested pvp/wvw weaver/tempest/ele.

Archived