Do Kits and Sword need more burts and CC options?

Omnicron.2467

A simple idea which I do not expect to be implemented, but I wondered if others thought it was needed:

I use my Rifle on Engi because it is a versatile weapon with mobility and cc and a bit of burst. What annoys me is how boring bomb and grenade are in the sense that every attack feels identitcal, some apply condis but it feels boring becasue the attacks do not offer unique mechanics for you to use stratigically. What would be amazing is if, for example, you had a bomb/grenade which had a gravity pull effect, which gives CC and allws you to group mobs, or a decent DPS option which left a fire/acid field for a few seconds. You know, just something to diversify the attacks more.

With regards to Sword I kindof feel the same, I am not sure if Holo needs this, but with our limited weapon choices it would have been really great if we were also able to use Swords in our offhand. Not sure what skills, maybe something similar to the Warrior's OH Axe? Or skills which are similar to the Photon Forge 4 & 5 skills so we have some CC and burst?

Like I said, just some random things I was thinking about, not sure if we need them or if it would break engi :)

@"Omnicron.2467" said:What would be amazing is if, for example, you had a bomb/grenade which had a gravity pull effect, which gives CC and allws you to group mobs,or a decent DPS option which left a fire/acid field for a few seconds. You know, just something to diversify the attacks more.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnetic_Bombhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_Bomb

With regards to Sword I kindof feel the same, I am not sure if Holo needs this, but with our limited weapon choices it would have been really great if we were also able to use Swords in our offhand. Not sure what skills, maybe something similar to the Warrior's OH Axe? Or skills which are similar to the Photon Forge 4 & 5 skills so we have some CC and burst?

Like I said, just some random things I was thinking about, not sure if we need them or if it would break engi :)

None of them would break engi. Sword is lackluster, as many engineers have complained, and all of our weapons seem to be designed with the mentality of "make them inferior to other classes because kits." They couldn't even implement heat bonuses for weapons other than sword, which boggles my mind, because there were only 3 other weapons to alter.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Omnicron.2467" said:What would be amazing is if, for example, you had a bomb/grenade which had a gravity pull effect, which gives CC and allws you to group mobs,or a decent DPS option which left a fire/acid field for a few seconds. You know, just something to diversify the attacks more.

None of them would break engi. Sword is lackluster, as many engineers have complained, and all of our weapons seem to be designed with the mentality of "make them inferior to other classes because kits." They couldn't even implement heat bonuses for weapons other than sword, which boggles my mind, because there were only 3 other weapons to alter.

Yeah, I missed the fire field cause I usually use grenades, was also thinking of a power option, hence the mention of acid. The Magnetic bomb I also missed, guess with the low CD on kits you can control that and use it well (Does it have an ICD?), would be nice as a weapon skill on a grenade though to use on a targeted range, would work like a mesmer.

@schloumou.3982 said:.> @Omnicron.2467 said:

(Does it have an ICD?)

20 seconds ICD on Streamlined Kits which procs the bomb. Agree on those 2 kits beeing a bit outdated in the pasting of PoF combat.I would like to remove the fusetime for bombs too.

Wow. Removing fuse time would break the kit. Especially for raids. Holosmith DPS will destroy the benchmarks.

And removing fuse time would be basically Minesweeper on steroids before the nerf. But 1 bomb doing more than 3 mines.

As far as I remember since release (or beta) ANet removed CC from multiple kits:

• Tool Kit: Pry Bar's predecessor was a knock back / launch (later a Daze?)
  • Bomb Kit: Concussion Bomb was a Daze
  • Flamethrower: Old #5 (Backdraft) was a Pull

CC used to be pretty rare and strong in the past since Stability was scarce and not everyone had multiple additional dodges, i frames and/or low CD stun breaks. Engis pulled of very long CC combos with Shield or Rifle + two/three kits. People were still learning to play the game and got chain CC'd for 5+ seconds regularly which was why it had to be changed at the time.

I think all of those kit skills could be reverted without making them OP, though I'd say Tool Kit is still in a pretty good spot since it has a good damage skill (Pry Bar), defense (Gear Shield) and a solid CC (Magnet).

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

(Does it have an ICD?)

20 seconds ICD on Streamlined Kits which procs the bomb. Agree on those 2 kits beeing a bit outdated in the pasting of PoF combat.I would like to remove the fusetime for bombs too.

Wow. Removing fuse time would break the kit. Especially for raids. Holosmith DPS will destroy the benchmarks.

And removing fuse time would be basically Minesweeper on steroids before the nerf. But 1 bomb doing more than 3 mines.

Mind to explain why? Not talking about casttime or CD reduction. Shouldnt dps just increase for the first deploy of a rotation a tiny bit in pve? Maybe you would need to alter the AA-chain.

@Silinsar.6298 said:

I think all of those kit skills could be reverted without making them OP, though I'd say Tool Kit is still in a pretty good spot since it has a good damage skill (Pry Bar), defense (Gear Shield) and a solid CC (Magnet).

FT-kit is solid too in my opinion. Except of Napalm every skill is useful and has diversity.

@schloumou.3982 said:

(Does it have an ICD?)

Mind to explain why? Not talking about casttime or CD reduction. Shouldnt dps just increase for the first deploy of a rotation a tiny bit in pve? Maybe you would need to alter the AA-chain.

Well, I think... yes. Only a burst increase.

Otherwise, Bomb is already doing so much damage removing the Fuse would break it in PvP. Maybe should be split if this ever gets implemented.

Edit : PvP* not PvE

@Omnicron.2467 said:

@Omnicron.2467 said:What would be amazing is if, for example, you had a bomb/grenade which had a gravity pull effect, which gives CC and allws you to group mobs,or a decent DPS option which left a fire/acid field for a few seconds. You know, just something to diversify the attacks more.

Yeah, I missed the fire field cause I usually use grenades, was also thinking of a power option, hence the mention of acid. The Magnetic bomb I also missed, guess with the low CD on kits you can control that and use it well (Does it have an ICD?), would be nice as a weapon skill on a grenade though to use on a targeted range, would work like a mesmer.

fire bomb is a power thing, it does like 50% more damage than a bomb auto if the enemy gets hit by all the ticks... it just scales really well with condi builds too

Archived