PLEASE do not make pug raid personal

Smollett.9436

I joined W2 full clear squad as a druid, and I failed to use "Protect me" after cc because of lag or just my own problem, I admitted my mistake, apologzied, tried to find a solution (I begged the DH in my sub to bring "Stand your ground"). But after several wipe, I was kicked by the commander, whom I would call "Mr. L".

When I started a W2 FC squad, Mr. L joined me, and I still failed, so I swap to DH, and Mr. L was assigned to eat 2nd mushroom. BUT, he ate from the 2nd till the 4th, and the poison caught us super fast, after that wipe, he quitted. If he ate one more or one less, it would be OK, but what he did was unbelievable.

I have been doing pug raid for nearly 3 months, and I guess someone might recognize my ID, I admit I am not an elitist or very experienced, but I always try my best to raid or command a squad. I would still apologize for my mistake, but PLEASE do not make pug raid personal, you are wasting the other 8 ppls' time.

Dont think it was personal. Have you asked him? Cause most Raider dont even remember those they kicked unless it was right after the the group before. Sloth has many possible tactics, with one where you eat from shroom 1 to 2, and from 2 to 4. This can be done when dps is right. I think he rather wanted this to be an andvanced run, saw that the tactic wasnt what he wanted, and simply left afterwards. Nothing unusual. But you cant be sure unless you ask him ;). My advise, just dont care about such things. Dont get it personal yourself. If one left, just say ok lets find another one instead of breaking your head over why.

Ya.. if you join meta group .. they are expecting druid or chrono to break fear in sloth.What I do during CC phase, I try to quickly look around to check where is everybody during CC phase while help to execute cc (pet n CA 3) .. pay attention to cc bar and get ready to use "prot me".. don't use it too soon and watch sloth action ..He gets up then execute his skill .. only after that you use prot me. You need to position yourself such a way your "prot me" can cover ppl in your group. ppl that run out to throw poison might need you to be closer to them to break stun for them.. chrono usually do it too so druid is free to cover the lose ends

You have to make things work as the commander. The easiest way to do so in case of a person underperforming is to replace that player. Apologizing for mistakes you shouldn't be making to begin with only gets you so far especially if the group keeps failing because of you.Are you to blame for all of the wipes? Probably not. But you know, he might have misjudged the situation, something that is just as human as the failure to perform an easy task. I also highly doubt anyone does stuff like that on purpose. Just move on. Even the best of players will get kicked sometimes, nothing special.

@Xantaria.8726 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Raids, tend to really bring the petty out of people, that is why I avoid them.

Not really, most gw2 players just feel personal attacked for the most simplest reasons. Go into other Games with much harder raids, then you will think otherwise about the gw2 raid-community and community in generel.^^

LOL. I came to GW2 from a raid focused game. There is nothing special here, or there, there is nothing special anywhere. Raids bring out the worst in people, why that is.. I don't care.

Part of my 'sperger paranoia kicks in whenever somebody recognizes my name in fractals. I run fractals around the same time every night, so after awhile people start to know me. In spite of the fact that I play a different character every day.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:Raids, tend to really bring the petty out of people, that is why I avoid them.

Not really, most gw2 players just feel personal attacked for the most simplest reasons. Go into other Games with much harder raids, then you will think otherwise about the gw2 raid-community and community in generel.^^

LOL. I came to GW2 from a raid focused game. There is nothing special here, or there, there is nothing special anywhere. Raids bring out the worst in people, why that is.. I don't care.

Pretty much this. It doesn't matter how hard the raid is: just by calling it a raid and saying it is the hardest content in the game will make people anal retentive. People were uptight when dungeons were the hardest part of the game, then they were uptight when regular fractals were the hardest part of the game, and if something were to replace raids they will be uptight there.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Part of my 'sperger paranoia kicks in whenever somebody recognizes my name in fractals. I run fractals around the same time every night, so after awhile people start to know me. In spite of the fact that I play a different character every day.Your account name wont change though and ppl who want to play with you or dont will save your name in their friendlist :P.

Pretty much this. It doesn't matter how hard the raid is: just by calling it a raid and saying it is the hardest content in the game will make people anal retentive. People were uptight when dungeons were the hardest part of the game, then they were uptight when regular fractals were the hardest part of the game, and if something were to replace raids they will be uptight there.

Which can be applied to every other content as well btw. And there are differences in the games, GW2 being one of the softer ones. A least thats my expirience. In other games, most player wont even lift a finger to help you, not even saying that anyone does a pug-training-run with anyone who is not in their guild. I dont know multiple training discord servers there with people spending their freetime with helping others instead of just caring for their own buisness, just saying.People can get triggered in any part of the game, so its pretty naive to think its only in raids :P.They can get worst in pvp, in open world champ train, in wvw, hell even in rp etc. This has nothing to do with the game mode, this are just problem-people in generell.

@Xantaria.8726 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Part of my 'sperger paranoia kicks in whenever somebody recognizes my name in fractals. I run fractals around the same time every night, so after awhile people start to know me. In spite of the fact that I play a different character every day.Your account name wont change though and ppl who want to play with you or dont will save your name in their friendlist :P.

Which can be applied to every other content as well btw. And there are differences in the games, GW2 being one of the softer ones. A least thats my expirience. In other games, most player wont even lift a finger to help you, not even saying that anyone does a pug-training-run with anyone who is not in their guild. I dont know multiple training discord servers there with people spending their freetime with helping others instead of just caring for their own buisness, just saying.People can get triggered in any part of the game, so its pretty naive to think its only in raids :P.They can get worst in pvp, in open world champ train, in wvw, hell even in rp etc. This has nothing to do with the game mode, this are just problem-people in generell.

My last game, we had 12 person raids, and often enough would commonly carry 4 newbs/pugs in our Channel Runs, in some cases, even more if we were just doing alt runs and such.

Honestly, Raids were a bad addition to this game, and, never once did I ever had anyone mention that my build needed to be to better or that I needed to learn to play, when it come to World Boss run, or even WvW zerg fest.

@STIHL.2489 said:

My last game, we had 12 person raids, and often enough would commonly carry 4 newbs/pugs in our Channel Runs, in some cases, even more if we were just doing alt runs and such.Thats what we did with our static too, but thats not what i mean. What i mean is you sitting yourself in the LFG, gather 9 totaly random people with the tag trainingsrun, all welcome. And further, doing that with over 500 people in discord who all want to learn to raid. While there are guilds in other games too who trains their newbies, gw2 goes beyond that. While all games have flamer, gw2 has in my opinion a more helpfull community.Honestly, Raids were a bad addition to this game, and, never once did I ever had anyone mention that my build needed to be to better or that I needed to learn to play, when it come to World Boss run, or even WvW zerg fest.Well then maybe you got lucky, but i got flamed for countless reasons, in wvw cause our 5-man-guildzerk didnt defend a tower against a 50 man zerk while we were on the other side of the map and the puplic zerk of us just left, in open world cause i triggered a bounty boss without knowing that a zerk is coming to it, in pvp you get randomly accused every third match for just being alive and so on.Raids themself dont bring out the bad from people. They just offer morepossibilitys to accuse someone, since you can make more mistakes there then in more casual content.

@"xiiliea.9356" said:You can't blame it on the players when the devs designed it this way. It's the devs' fault and bad game direction for making endgame PvE turn into elitist crap.

Makes no sence at all dude.... . Is it the devs fault if in LoL you getting flamed from other players? Is it in our PvP? Is it in WvW? The game designer are never at fault for people getting personal offended and flaming others. Its the fault of people who cant keep their cool, who cant accept that they maybe are in the wrong, make mistakes and cant handle critism. And thats everywhere, no matter the game or the game mod and no matter if you are a so called "elitist" or a "normal" player.

Raids where designed to be harder then the regular content, that not everything works there and that you should be able to adapt your classes and builds, since it is the pve endgame. If you dont like it, dont play them :P. But this isnt elitism. Its progressive gamestyle. Most raiders simply expect ppl in the lfg to have the ability to read the discription and fullfile the task they joined the group for. A healer/buffer is suppose to buff/heal, a tank to tank, a dps class to do dps. And if the dps player is having less dps then the healer he is simply doing nothing to contribute to the team goal. Most dont expect you to hit unrealistic benchmarks in boss fights, they just expect you to do at least more dps then the healers and supporters (3 players) together. If you call this elitism, suits you. But then simply make your own group. Like all those "elitist" do as well :P.

Archived