Candy Corn Gobbler Test Results

DanAlcedo.3281

Hi Guys!

After another change(nerf) to the Candy Corn Gobbler , i thought i test how many buffs i will get from 250 Candy corn.

The Gobbler was used on cooldown.The time of the buffs is taken after the 250 Candy Corn are used.

Pve Test (1):Healthful Rejuvenation = 26min50% Karma Bonus = 54min5% Damage Reduction = 24min15% Speed Bonus = 38minExperience Booster = 2h 32minItem Booster = 1h 54min

Pve Test (2):Healthful Rejuvenation = 1h 9min50% Karma Bonus = 12min5% Damage Reduction = 37min15% Speed Bonus = 22minExperience Booster = 3h 53minItem Booster = 1h 55min

Pve Test (3):Healthful Rejuvenation = 15min50% Karma Bonus = 0min5% Damage Reduction = 0min15% Speed Bonus = 38minExperience Booster = 2h 28minItem Booster = 1h 49minNote: This was on a lvl 80 char in a low level area.

Pve Test (4):Healthful Rejuvenation = 0 min50% Karma Bonus = 11min5% Damage Reduction = 37min15% Speed Bonus = 1h 8minExperience Booster = 2h 22minItem Booster = 1h 16min

WvW Test (1):50% Karma Bonus = 14minExperience Booster = 2h 27minItem Booster = 1h 41min

WvW Test (2):50% Karma Bonus = 11minExperience Booster = 2h 17minItem Booster = 57min

WvW Test (3):50% Karma Bonus = 12minExperience Booster = 1h 50minItem Booster = 49min

WvW Test (4):50% Karma Bonus = 38minExperience Booster = 3h 48minItem Booster = 1h 1min

WvW Test (5):50% Karma Bonus = 26minExperience Booster = 2h 20minItem Booster = 1h 19min

WvW Test (6):50% Karma Bonus = 52minExperience Booster = 1h 30minItem Booster = 1h 57min

To Arenanet:This item got many nerfs over the years.The Experience Booster Buff is very importent for WvW Players.Even with the 50% buff to Reward Tracks , they are still VERY low gold per hour.I dont want gph like PvE , but we talk like under 3g per hour here when pve is 25g or more.

Prove:

With almost 1000 Mf he only made 487g from the Containers of 25 Reward Tracks.

Thats 19.5 g per reward Track.
Without a Boost this is 2,3g per hour.With 50% this is 3,42g per hour.Remember this is WITH 935 mf !

Yes we have many more rewards in WvW, but it is still a joke compared to PvE.

So P L E A S E no more nerfs to this item. Thank you.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I’m confused. Is this about the nerfing of the gobbler, which doesn’t look like it was proven, or about the value one gains from the reward tracks?

He means it was nerfed in WvW, as the armor/regen boosts don't work there as of the last patch. He's annoyed this was done because it devalued the item (the item is mostly used by WvW players and is seen as a must have).

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I’m confused. Is this about the nerfing of the gobbler, which doesn’t look like it was proven, or about the value one gains from the reward tracks?

He means it was nerfed in WvW, as the armor/regen boosts don't work there as of the last patch. He's annoyed this was done because it devalued the item (the item is mostly used by WvW players and is seen as a must have).

Well it doesn’t make sense that players could have used that in the first place when regular boosters have been disabled since launch for those that impact combat unless I’m mistaken. Even if I am, those boosts were disabled altogether. It has zero impact in PvE and for reward tracks which the OP complained about.

Actually, on reading the OP’s post again, other than tracking the duration of the armor/speed boost, they didn’t really mention it beyond that.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Does Magic Find affect Reward Tracks or the contents accrued within?

Yes, sort of.

• There's no direct impact on the reward tracks.
  • Some of the boxes are affected by magic find on open (basically: all the ones that mimic the loot that drops from foes).

On a practical basis, MF is hard to measure to any but those who have 1000s of reward track loot boxes, just as on a practical basis, 300 account MF (from max luck) isn't noticeable unless you are keeping track of loot from thousands of foes.

From my point of view, the latest nerf to the Gobbler is 100% consistent with ANet ensuring that people with the Gobbler don't get any buffs from disallowed boosters (notably speed, armor, damage reduction, and outgoing damage). That seems fair to me.

The OP didn't link to any results from last year or before previous Gobbler nerfs, so it's hard to compare their results to determine if the buff time is worse or even better than before. (My guess: it's identical to last year.)

There's no question that the Gobbler is more annoying to use and less useful for PvE than it used to be, but it's still great for WvW, since the most important value is helping people reach T6 participation quickly. It's secondarily useful to help with gaining WvW ranks. The MF bonus was never going to any more help than it is in PvE, which is to say: it matters, but not enough to make it worth spending candy corn.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Hi Guys!

After another change(nerf) to the Candy Corn Gobbler , i thought i test how many buffs i will get from 250 Candy corn.250 Candy Corn is 83 uses, probably 30-40 buffs, which is just barely enough to estimate odds. (It takes 16-20 minutes to process, which means everything you earn at the start has already expired, so we're only seeing some of the buffs).

I tested it on 4 characters. 3 in PvE 1 WvW.

I've collating the results in the following format:PVE1|PvE2|PvE2 & WvW

• Regeneration: 26|69|15 & 0
  • Damage Reduction: 24|37|0 & 0
  • Speed: 38|22|38 & 0
  • XP: 152|233|148 & 147
  • Item boost: 114|115|109 & 101

Observations:

• As expected, the "combat" buffs are 0 in WvW
  • The variance of the other buffs is high, as expected, given so "few" trials
  • The WvW numbers seem well within that variance, given (a) there's only one WvW test and (b) only three PvE tests

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Well it doesn’t make sense that players could have used that in the first place when regular boosters have been disabled since launch for those that impact combat unless I’m mistaken. Even if I am, those boosts were disabled altogether. It has zero impact in PvE and for reward tracks which the OP complained about.

Actually, on reading the OP’s post again, other than tracking the duration of the armor/speed boost, they didn’t really mention it beyond that.

When the Candy Corn Gobbler was first sold you could get month for every buff. Since then this item was nerfed many times (often stealth nerfed).To the point i think is was overnerfed.

Having to click 500 candycorn just so you can play for 4 hours , with rewards going from very very bad to very bad is well..... bad.

If we could consume one stack at ones would be awesome.

The nerfs over time have been designed to prevent out-of-control conversion of corn to buffs. While I don't like that, I can see why that's a reasonable goal for ANet.

As a result, I think there's conflicting interests: ANet thinks of the item as a bit of fluff with some utility; we want it to be all about the utility, and ignore the fluff.

I've been trying to think of a compromise that wouldn't involve tons of work for ANet, wouldn't make the gobbler "too powerful," and yet would improve its QoL. I haven't gotten to anything that seems plausible yet.

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Having to click 500 candycorn just so you can play for 4 hours , with rewards going from very very bad to very bad is well..... bad.The rewards are really good for WvW and less useful for PvE. The clicking... yeah that's a pain.

If we could consume one stack at ones would be awesome.There are two issues:

• The Gobbler wasn't intended to be purely "useful," which is why it has the tonic transformations. "One click" functionality would mean ignoring this aspect.
  • The Gobbler also was never intended to allow one to easily stack hours and hours of buffs; we just figured out how to game the system for efficiency.

The following suggestion seems like more work than ANet is probably willing to do, but it otherwise seems like a fair compromise

• Maintain the current behavior if double-clicking the Gobbler
  • Add "right-click" options: consume normally (same as above) and consume a stack of candy corn
  • Consumption of an entire stack would add something less than the current expected average of buffs, perhaps 40 minutes of Item Booster, 60 minutes of XP, & 10 minutes each of the PvE Combat buffs.
  • Include a 30-40 minute cooldown on the gobbler after using the "consume a stack" option.

This makes the gobbler over twice as expensive, in exchange for being much, much more convenient.(And it leaves ANet room to tweak the benefits up or down.)

It does however require that ANet add a sort of "gobbler sickness" buff to prevent re-use, as well as new right-click functionality. That is probably much more effort than ANet would want to invest in a gem shop item that's intended to be a minor candy sink plus a minor bit of fluff.

Archived