PSA For Deadeyes.

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

I've noticed th that players in both WvW and PvP Taking snipers cover, and trying to use it as a quick access to stealth, but get rofl stomped or don't get the most out of the time because they take too long to stand up.

If you take Snipers cover, and intend to use it this way. HOLD DOWN 5.

You will crouch down, and the moment Free Action becomes available, you will immediately get back up. This means it only gives you the half a second pause, instead of having the player spam 5 and fail to get up fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

@Maugetarr.6823 said:This was actually really helpful. I didn't know it functioned this way and it smoothes out rifle play a bit.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:I did not know this! Thanks for the tip!

Not a problem. Another useful fact when it really counts... is that if a shadow step is instant, it will not cancel Death's Judgement.

This is particularly useful when you're laying down the finishing blow, but someone decided to run out of range. Because the Shadowstep doesn't cover your full range you'll have a small safety buffer as you close the distance to finish him off. Or better yet, relocate or close the distance to swap to a melee weapon immediately to finish them off. Closing in early helps with not giving them a chance to dodge, or hit a reflect button without fear of you canceling the ability.

Infiltrator's Signet, and Shadow Step are really useful for this.

I'm surprised that this is not universally known yet, but since we're doing this, Death's Retreat has the same effect. You can double shadowstep flips by pressing and holding Death's Retreat, assuming you have enough Initiatives to do two flips. Someone showed this to me and it's the best tool to get away in WvW, at least for me.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:I'm surprised that this is not universally known yet, but since we're doing this, Death's Retreat has the same effect. You can double shadowstep flips by pressing and holding Death's Retreat, assuming you have enough Initiatives to do two flips. Someone showed this to me and it's the best tool to get away in WvW, at least for me.

But I've put that to use too. Combined with roll for initiative there's no way they can actually catch up to me in a short span of time.

I actually just use the rifle to replace shortbow all together. Once you get good at aiming backwards, it actually behaves exactly like shortbow, in that you can shadowstep onto raised platforms liked normal.

Archived