Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more. - Page 17 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Playing Guild Wars 2 on Linux - Performance optimizations and more.

1111213141517>

Comments

  • well, looks like you got a permisson or space issue there.

  • Kanok.3027Kanok.3027 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

    Can't be a space issue since this is on a 500GB SSD on a new install. Perhaps it's a permission issue. I wonder...

    EDIT: Actually, looking at the error for wine, it looks like it's trying to read the folder at unix/home/jesse, which obviously doesn't exist. It should just be home/jesse/ and so on. Any way to fix this?

    Nevermind. Used the package instead and it works ...kind of. Patcher crashed, so I need to see what happened.
    Installed lib32-freetype2 (latest version) in the package manager, started it up and it working beautifully! Much love for this project!

  • I have the following shader issues lately. Any ideas?
    GWScreenshot.jpg

  • @Nevin Kiludan.2639 said:
    I have the following shader issues lately. Any ideas?
    GWScreenshot.jpg

    It's a known issue with DXVK when setting Shadows to "Ultra" and only happens on Nvidia cards - https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/issues/1329#issuecomment-576494090

    Try latest DXVK 1.5.3

  • I'm seeing a crash entering

    Eye of the North to talk to Aurene

    in the final part of the 'Voice in the Deep' chapter using any DXVK 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, 1.5.1 seems to work.

  • @BNiels.7648 said:
    I'm seeing a crash entering

    Eye of the North to talk to Aurene

    in the final part of the 'Voice in the Deep' chapter using any DXVK 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, 1.5.1 seems to work.

    There have been a few regressions in the latest versions of DXVK, can you please give it a shot with v1.5.4? I'd do it myself but haven't played through the story yet (and have been generally busy with other projects).

    Also can you please post your setup, namely GPU Model/Type and Driver version.

  • edited February 13, 2020

    You really shouldn't be posting stuff to download to people who lack experience.
    To be honnest, posting links should not be allowed at all ...

  • We're all doing fine here, thanks, and have been for some time.

  • BNiels.7648BNiels.7648 Member
    edited February 14, 2020

    @ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:

    @BNiels.7648 said:
    I'm seeing a crash entering

    Eye of the North to talk to Aurene

    in the final part of the 'Voice in the Deep' chapter using any DXVK 1.5.2 and 1.5.3, 1.5.1 seems to work.

    There have been a few regressions in the latest versions of DXVK, can you please give it a shot with v1.5.4? I'd do it myself but haven't played through the story yet (and have been generally busy with other projects).

    Also can you please post your setup, namely GPU Model/Type and Driver version.

    I was mistaken, I'm seeing crashes with 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. I never tried 1.5.2. As I said, 1.5.1 works.

    Running Fedora 31, kernel 5.4.17. Mesa 19.2.8, RADV, AMD RX 580.

    It looks like an LLVM / shader compilation issue, so it's possible later Mesa versions fix it.

  • Nicodemus.1486Nicodemus.1486 Member ✭✭
    edited February 14, 2020

    if the issue is LLVM, try switching to ACO. it's not enabled by default. for that i think you need mesa 19.3, or any special mesa-aco branch

  • does arcdps work with dxvk?