Jackal Portals Crashing the Game

I can confirm this, also when using 2-3 leaps in a row, the game locks up including my computer. Can't even bring up Taskmanager, have to cut power and reboot. For me it started with the change to amazon servers. Never happened once before the server change.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@videoboy.4162 said:Since the other topic was closed, I'll bump this again to remind other posters that this IS happening to more than just that one other poster.

No one is saying that it's not happening to more than one person. The other poster was insisting that it's a game-wide problem and people explained that it isn't: very few people are suffering this bug.

Do you have other symptoms of the game crashing/stalling besides this? What have you tried to troubleshoot? What did ANet say in response to your support ticket? Have you tried clearing the cache, repairing the client, deleting various .tmp files? Checking video drivers, looking at error reports, running diagnostics?

Throwing a stone in the bush. The jackal leap is a rapid discontinuity in position and the surroundings and if your client can not update in time (2-3 leaps in a row) at some point will trigger an exception where the client and server is not sufficiently synchronized. The same happens in highly active areas such as boss fights, but it seems more tolerant than with the jackal. I play at best with 300ms ping so if I don’t have to don’t do consecutive jumps in close succession. I hope A-Net find a way to raise the trigger for the exception while the jackal is active.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@videoboy.4162 said:Since the other topic was closed, I'll bump this again to remind other posters that this IS happening to more than just that one other poster.

No one is saying that it's not happening to more than one person. The other poster was insisting that it's a game-wide problem and people explained that it isn't: very few people are suffering this bug.

Do you have other symptoms of the game crashing/stalling besides this? What have you tried to troubleshoot? What did ANet say in response to your support ticket? Have you tried clearing the cache, repairing the client, deleting various .tmp files? Checking video drivers, looking at error reports, running diagnostics?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Bokkie.6840 said:Throwing a stone in the bush. The jackal leap is a rapid discontinuity in position and the surroundings and if your client can not update in time (2-3 leaps in a row) at some point will trigger an exception where the client and server is not sufficiently synchronized. The same happens in highly active areas such as boss fights, but it seems more tolerant than with the jackal. I play at best with 300ms ping so if I don’t have to don’t do consecutive jumps in close succession. I hope A-Net find a way to raise the trigger for the exception while the jackal is active.

That's a helpful insight, and thanks for sharing it. Could you please tell me your general geographical location? That ping sounds unusual, so I want to be able to share info about it with the team, but having your location gives the info relevance. Have you submitted a ticket? If so, may I have the number? Thanks!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Have you submitted a ticket to customer support on this issue? If so, may I have that ticket number?

Also, the questions posed in the two posts immediately above would help our QA Team assess the bug, so if you could answer those questions, it would be very helpful indeed.

I've tried all the things the other poster asked. I mentioned the issue in Kourna map chat one night and another player walked me through doing all those things. I never submitted a ticket, because I thought it was a known issue and didn't want to add to the pile of backed up tickets that support was trying to get through.The actual Jackal Portals (not the 1 Skill that portals you forward while running) are the only things that give me this issue.

@videoboy.4162 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Thank you for the above info. May I ask your general location?

North Texas

Error 1022 definitely indicates a network issue. Have you run a network diagnostic from the client yet? To do this, make a shortcut to GW2, go to its properties, and add -diag to the end of the Target line e.g. "D:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -diagThen run it. It'll make a .log file in your Documents/Guild Wars 2 folder. The information in that log could give some insight into the distance between you and the servers as well as packet loss and connectivity issues that might arise due to jackal position displacement. If you decide to post your log here in addition to adding it to your support ticket, be advised that it's a long file and you don't need to include anything after the following line:

Tracing network paths (about 10 mins)

However, please do upload your entire log file to your support ticket.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:That's a helpful insight, and thanks for sharing it. Could you please tell me your general geographical location? That ping sounds unusual, so I want to be able to share info about it with the team, but having your location gives the info relevance. Have you submitted a ticket? If so, may I have the number? Thanks!

I am in China Shenzhen. On a good day the ping is 295 - 320. Different Network I get 350 - 500, but then switch to VPN via Singapore and get around 320. In South Africa, the ping in a major city is around 273 and in smaller cities around 310-350 as well. Bandwidth is essential, if that is also low or inconsistent, the game is unplayable. In boss fights I had the ping shooting up to 2000-3000 at times and often result in a DC soon after. You won’t believe it, but I play PVP and so do a lot of other people with similar ping. We will never get into the top 100, but we can play.

I have not submitted a ticket.

Archived