Reins of the Raptor achievement ?

So I was looking at my achievement list and noticed this achievement only to discover that the only way to start it is to get a mail item from an NPC, who is supposed to give it to you after completing the first story mission for path of fire.

However, I apparently never got the mail in the first place, or accidentally deleted it long ago without realizing what it is, and replaying the mission doesn't give me anothero ne. Is there any way to get this achievement now? do I have to contact support to get the item added to my character?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried completing the mission with another character? You should get the mail with each independent character.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Sparking_the_Flame

Good luck.I will not, nor should I have too make another character, and play all the way to level 80, just to get an achievement, that shouldn't be this broken in the first place.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried completing the mission with another character? You should get the mail with each independent character.

Good luck.I will not, nor should I have too make another character, and play all the way to level 80, just to get an achievement, that shouldn't be this broken in the first place.

You only have 1 character? And don't ever intend to make another? :o

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried completing the mission with another character? You should get the mail with each independent character.

I was curious about that.. I smell a rat.Likely deleted the mail without reading and just ploughed on regardless now finds an issue .. though it's a non issue as the NPC will still trigger even if the mail was delted.If this kind of progression halting bug was there I am sure we would of seen a lot more dialogue on it, unless it only happened to be discovered yesterday. Even if that was the case I am sure there are still more than just the OP running the story/achievs, but to date I have seen nothing on this.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:You only have 1 character? And don't ever intend to make another? :oYes, I hate alting, always have. If I am going to do something, I am going to do it on one character. Why on earth would I want to replay the same maps, the same story, the same events, etc. etc. on another character when i can just do that on my first one?

@Odinens.5920 said:You don't need the mail. Just go to the npc and talk to him. If you got the letter at some point then he will have the dialogue regardless if you physically have the mail still.Incorrect. You have to have physically taken the latter from the mail in order to trigger the first part of the achievement to activate, which is itself the trigger for his dialog to start. Since I seemingly either never got the mail, or deleted it without ever taking the latter, the game doesn't recognize I ever got the letter, and thus, he lacks the dialog necessary to continue.

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:You only have 1 character? And don't ever intend to make another? :oYes, I hate alting, always have. If I am going to do something, I am going to do it on one character. Why on earth would I want to replay the same maps, the same story, the same events, etc. etc. on another character when i can just do that on my first one?

Because there is more than 1 class to play? Because every class brings something different to the table? Because some things are more effective to do on certain classes? Fashion Wars? Plenty of reasons.You don't need to do story with every character. On top of that, unless you make the same choices during character creation the story won't be the same. It differs based on race, what Order you choose, where your character originated, etc.I can't imagine playing the same class for 5.5 years (my time in this game). You call it alting, I call it exploring what this game has to offer. Then again, I don't have a main so the whole concept of alting is foreign to me. I play several characters for a largely equal amount of time, depending on what I feel like or what it necessary based on the group I play with (Fractals/Raids).

But, have you tried sending a ticket to Support? These things won't get solved by posting about it on the Forum, especially not when it's only you who encounters the problem. That is what the Support department is for. Another tip: don't delete mails unless you know what it is.

Archived