How are you supposed to deal with the invincibility of Warriors/Spellbreakers?

Toolbox.9375

I'm not seeing other people bringing it up, so clearly it's a problem with my friend and I that we just can't do anything against these guys. But, basically, Warriors that use the assortment of damage negation abilities at their disposal to become effectively immortal for 10-15 seconds, wailing on you the entire time, impossible to escape due to their movement abilities... How in the blazes do you deal with them? I tried playing as one in WvW the other day, and despite having no Warrior experience, I couldn't lose unless I tried to go three-versus-one. I'm sure my opponents were hardly the most competent players, but compared to my experience with any other class, it was a breeze. I'm not saying that to point fingers and call Warrior overpowered, but just to point out that I couldn't locate any weaknesses by playing it myself.

Warrior is one of those classes where you have to do things the same way every time, so just learn how to play it and you will be able to play against it. Basically it comes down to baiting out utilities and kiting them. From your comment I'm assuming that you are playing a class like necro or rev if you can't actually kite them. For those classes if you are using any corrupts and playing condi really try to corrupt their resistance if they use their healing signet.

Warrior is perhaps the easiest class to kill in GW2 (provided that you are not a noob and you know your class mechanics AND the warrior mechanics).Mistakes that noobs make:

• Trying to face tank warrior on melee combat with their range weapons.Solution: You should only fight warrior face to face when you have melee weapons! If you have a range weapon then run away, stealth, teleport, etc... and fight from far away.
  • Noobs unload all their damage skills when endure pain is active!Solution: Watch the warrior health bar and keep an eye for the endure pain activation.
  • Noobs unload all their CC skills when warrior has stability.Solution: Watch the warrior health bar and keep an eye for the stability activation.

About 99% of the time I fight a warrior I kill them easy without effort (I am a warrior and that is the only class i play, that is the reason why I destroy most warriors because I know when endure pain activates and when to use my counter skills to stun and deal damage.) Also, I know if they have extra stun breaks by just looking at the skills they use during combat.

I am a NA WvW roamer and based on my experience I can tell you that there are not a lot of warriors that can kill me. I have even killed 4 warriors trying to gank me!If you are in NA, message me and I could teach you how to play warrior efficiently.

just try to kite them, use short bursts on them to bait out endure pain, with a power build just run away as long as endure pain is active since you would only waste your stuff, learn what skills to dodge and whats not important, most heavy hitting warriir skills have slow and telegraphed animations, if hes sb and uses his counter just let it run out, use blinds abd weakness if you can, but be carefull if he has resistance.i main warrior myself and sure, noobs you can easily smash, but ive met alot of ppl who know their class and laugh at warriors for having no blinks, stealths, blinds etc.

Warriors are still stupid OP in WvW with zerker class damage on sustain build armor levels. Spellbreakers only took it to new extremes. Sure there are bad and good players, but the bad are carried and the good are nearly immortal.

That said, the easisest way to deal with them is to bring your own sustain, duel with the spellbreaker a while to trigger his invoulns and grind down the hp regen, then have your 5+ buddies join the fight and gank him.

Because thats what they deserve.

Bring it on, warrior forum.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Warriors are still stupid OP in WvW with zerker class damage on sustain build armor levels. Spellbreakers only took it to new extremes. Sure there are bad and good players, but the bad are carried and the good are nearly immortal.

That said, the easisest way to deal with them is to bring your own sustain, duel with the spellbreaker a while to trigger his invoulns and grind down the hp regen, then have your 5+ buddies join the fight and gank him.

Because thats what they deserve.

Bring it on, warrior forum.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8, now go back to your own subforum and cry thereno point in even giving you arguments because you are just trying to trigger some peeps

inb4 you say you got me

Avoid the Bursts.

The current meta build(s) all rely on Adrenal Health which requires hitting with Bursts to get it going. Spellbreaker in particular has to hit with three Bursts within a relatively short period of time (since all Bursts counts as lv 1).

Archived