best places to get hero points? been doing hero challenges

@"ratche.6204" said:go to HoT or PoF areas, even if you're soloing them there are quite a few you just commune with and can get in HoT, in PoF I would say you could solo most of them if you wanted.

Yeah, this. I find they're a bit variable on difficulty depending on your class, but e.g. Sword/Pistol Holosmith with the Flamethrower and some nice turrets (don't forget the turret pack Elite) or Rifle/GS Spellbreaker can easily make short work of the Forged Skateboarder in the pyramid north of Amnoon.

And there are, as Tanner says, half a dozen in Verdant Brink that only require you to commune. (South from the "entrance" WP above the "pit" adventure, a couple up in the canopy which you can reach from west of there, two or three in little caves and similar far down below the general ground level, etc.)

Although they are somewhat less frequent now than they once were, there are still HP trains running on the various HoT maps. If there's a tag on the map, it's often an HP train. Some are free, but others may request donations at the end. If you join one from the beginning, it should unlock all the HPs on the map, and they'll often hit other stuff like Waypoints and some POIs as well.

If you can't find a train, or if you want to do the HPs solo, there are still several in VB, AB and TD that are able to be done solo, and each is worth 10 points. Alternately, most of the ones in PoF are relatively easy to solo, but you probably won't find any trains doing them those.

If you enjoy WvW at all I have found that using the "...of Heroics" currency for HPs to be quite convenient. I have multiple characters and often don't have the time or desire to run them each through the content necessary to obtain all the HPs required in order to fill out a character.

Archived